Why isn't my Windows 10 mail syncing?

svouf

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I had this similar problem with none of my accounts syncing. I found the problem was I was too strict in the privacy settings. If you go to Settings>Calendar> Let apps access my calendar then you might have some better luck. The same probably goes with Contacts privacy settings. Play around with that and see what works for you. The Mail Calendar and People are really one app that is interconnected and changing the privacy settings for one changes the others too.

For now though my People app doesn't work at all, it keeps crashing. At least I can log on my email accounts.

TwitchyPuppy

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I had this similar problem with none of my accounts syncing. I found the problem was I was too strict in the privacy settings. If you go to Settings>Calendar> Let apps access my calendar then you might have some better luck. The same probably goes with Contacts privacy settings. Play around with that and see what works for you. The Mail Calendar and People are really one app that is interconnected and changing the privacy settings for one changes the others too.

For now though my People app doesn't work at all, it keeps crashing. At least I can log on my email accounts.

Holy Molly!
It works now, thanks :D

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

tvb9449

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Just yesterday my Windows 10 Outlook mailbox started having synch issues with GMail. A few new messages get through to the in-box; most didn't. Has anyone else seen this issue recently and know how to fix?

TwitchyPuppy

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Just yesterday my Windows 10 Outlook mailbox started having synch issues with GMail. A few new messages get through to the in-box; most didn't. Has anyone else seen this issue recently and know how to fix?
I had something similar. My settings always are "out of date".

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I had something similar. My settings always are "out of date".

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Both my SP3 and laptop have this message now. So annoying. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Draxon Fly

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Just yesterday my Windows 10 Outlook mailbox started having synch issues with GMail. A few new messages get through to the in-box; most didn't.
My settings always are "out of date".

Same here. It sucks!
The only way around it that I have found is that you have to delete your gmail account then re add it to the mail.....

I hate the new mail system, miss the old vista windows mail where you could see everything at once... damn Tablets ruined the world..
:cry:

jayne010656

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and my emails wouldn't sync. I've tried everything but this worked for me:
Go into email app.
Settings.
Account.
Click on Account.
Change mailbox sync settings from 3 days to for ever.
This then updates all folders with your saved emails.
Downside is it brings through all your emails which you would previously have deleted but at least the folders are up to date.
Good luck.

Chuck49

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
eMail issue solved...finally. I was about 15 minutes from reverting back to 8.1 for the second and final time.

Thanks! SVOUF and Thanks EvilKittyCupcake for reposting

AndreasRnmKr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So... For the last months or so I have had this problem in Windows 10 where the mail program simply doesn't show any mail (old or new). I had the same problem back in windows 8 but that resolved itself or soem reason.

Anyway, I finally found a fix around it for my part so I figured I would post how I did it here for anyone who might find this thread looking for answers.

This is what I did:
1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Privacy -> Email
2. If "Let apps access and send email" is set to off then turn it on and see if it fixes your problem. If it's already on then pocedd to step 3.
3. Deactivate "Let apps access and send email", and open up Windows mail (you should not see a single account pop up there) and then close it again.
4. go back to Start -> Settings -> Privacy -> Email and reactivate "Let apps access and send email".
5. Open up windows mail again and it should be working (it did for me anyway).

I'm not saying it's going to work for everyone, but for me this effectively reset the email settigns and made it work again. Hopefully it will help someone.

Keith Blackwell

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I having the same problem. I have a Lumia 640 on the latest WM 10 and my gmail and Yahoo email sync's but NOT the hotmail. This has been persisting for a month

Kevin Smith26

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
What worked for me to-get gmail and live accounts to work .under windows mail . I had to log in to my gmail account via a web browser once logged in go to the Sign-in & security tab scroll down to the bottom and select less secure app's to the on position , now all my accounts in windows mail sync up . also you may have to log into a live account via browser and turn on imap and pop setting one account had pop turned off on my live account under settings.

Last edited:

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried everything suggested in this thread and nothing is working. The mail app on my SP4 hasn't synched since Feb 27th. I have two Gmail accounts (one for work) and a outlook account. None are synching. When I try to go into the manage accounts options, it doesn't even open when clicked.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I use outlook mail in the native app in windows 10 and was having a problem getting the Mail app to sync but nothing I tried would work. One day I tried changing the DNS address on my router and immediately after that I started receiving email notifications from the app.

If you are familiar with changing your DNS address to the google address on your router or computer than I would suggest giving that a try.

codemasterblackperl

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have same problems. every times I tried to sync my Live mail it will give me Something went wrong error code 0x80072efd. For Outlook email account it will sync however if I delete a mail it will still show in inbox in browser I searched google and I didn't find any thing that works.

Sivananda Prabhu

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why isn't my Windows 10 mail syncing with outlook.com?

The solution given by microsoft is simple

Open settings-Go to Privacy and if email is disabled then windows 10 and outlook sync will not be there. Now try to enable the email in Privacy setting. you will see that outlook is open and syn.

Prabhu

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Email syncing is all about the email provider or Email client not Windows 10. No I understand the Mail App in Windows 10 comes with Windows 10 but it's still a separate app like all email clients.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem on windows 10 pc, tablet and phone. My outlook account doesn't sync, but gmail does. I figured it was a problem that has to do with me being connected to a proxy server. Nothing I can do about that (school) but is there some way to bypass this. Works fine when connected to a different network, The error message I get is "Something went wrong. We're having a problem connecting to m.hotmail.com. Try again later" and the error code is 0x85010008

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786