Accessory I hope MS would release for Continuum on WM10

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Instead of working with desktop mouse/keyboard and monitors, I hope MS would release a super light and slim "tablet" with really low price, basically with only touch screen, battery and miracast receiver. With wireless continuum I could use it just like a normal tablet with my phone in my pocket or on a coffee table. Price and weight are the key I believe. If it's significantly cheaper than a normal high end tablet, I think there will be a market for it and the phones with continuum feature. What do you guys think?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't think it would be successful because most people would just use their phone instead of faffing about with a tablet that can't do anything on its own.
The screen would also have to be high quality to make it worth buying and that would jack the price up and affect performance.

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it would be successful because most people would just use their phone instead of faffing about with a tablet that can't do anything on its own.
The screen would also have to be high quality to make it worth buying and that would jack the price up and affect performance.

I see your points and I agree this would be a niche product if ever comes to life, but so is continuum. I think price is the key here and it's good use case to show off the continuum capability - i.e. being able to use the phone while using continuum, which was the biggest complaint about Asus PadPhone I think. Even it would just do the same thing as the phone, it does provide more screen space for more complex apps and with UWA, it shows off how an app can transform its UI to better use the bigger screen. The best part is the phone doesn't have to attach to the tablet and you can use it simultaneously (even though functions may be limited). Again, price is the key, it has to be cheap enough even the that means the screen is not top notch. I would be totally fine with a 1080P 10 inch screen as I use it more for the comfort of larger screen (for me) than the quality of the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss