HP Envy 17T Laptop stop working after installing Windows 10, how can I fix it?

foeamigo

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
HP Envy 17T Laptop stop working after installing Windows 10

I installed windows 10 update for windows 8.1. Everything installed correctly and then had to leave for work so put laptop in sleep mode. got home after work and laptop looked like it was still in sleep mode as power button was flashing. I moved mouse and hit enter button but nothing happened. I could not get it to come out of sleep mode. I pushed down on power button and held it there till computer shut off. Hit power button and laptop would not turn on. found out that the power cord had been disconnected so plugged back in. Power light at cord on laptop lights up, but pressing power button does nothing. Tried a hard reset, let power cord stay connected over night but still laptop does not power up. Laptop top is less then a year old but not under warranty. All I can think of as battery must have drained with the power cord disconnected and maybe laptop went into hibernation mode. I just can't figure out why it won't power back up. I find it hard that the motherboard or power button board or cable would go bad this quick. The light come son next to where you plug the power cord into the laptop. The light will go off for a second or two when you press the power button but comes back on. I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon