Windows 10 crashes my computer every time it sleeps - what to do?

wkb206

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1) on my HP laptop. The install seemed to go well ... until my computer went to sleep in the middle of it and couldn't be re-'awakened.' Ever since, every time my computer sleeps (ostensibly to save energy), Windows 10 will not allow it to wake up and I have to do a hard re-boot by removing the battery and having it re-boot from there. Is there anyway to stop this? I can't go on having to hard re-boot my laptop all of the time....

Also, in order to fix the problem, I tried to reinstall Windows 10, but in this process, a number of program files - over three dozen actually - were deleted from my computer, including Cisco's EAP-FAST, LEAP and PEAP files, Google Chrome (which I could say that I was surprised or thought that this was accidental), a bunch of HP Photosmart files (so I had to reinstall my home printer drivers and lost the one for work), a bunch of CyberLink webcam files, several Intel files ("Management Engine Components," "Processor Graphics," "Rapid Storage Technology" and "Smart Connect Technology") and several Realtek files ("Card Reader," "Ethernet Controller Driver" and "Wireless LAN Driver"), among others. What can/should I do about this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)