What do you think of Edge

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I think it is too much of a work in progress to have been released to everyone, I really like what they have so far and it is going to be a great browser when it is finished and refined, but trying to use it on a daily basis drives me crazy. It is slow, jerky, favorites is a joke and there is no home button, I was hoping to get away from Chrome, but not yet. Edge is fun to play with, but it is not ready for prime time yet. The rest of Windows 10 is great and I love it, but Edge feels too rushed and incomplete. What is your thought?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am using it as my default browser, but I still need to fall back on Firefox (or Internet Explorer for SharePoint) from time to time. I think it's good and in time it will be great... especially when they implement plug-in support.

Until then, if you look up the thread here about Edge working perfectly even on Windows Central and implement the host file linked in that thread, you'll find the jerkiness and slowness will be gone.

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, it was released way too unfinished and bare. The settings are a joke at the moment, there is zero to none ability to customize it, generally way to simple for daily use. I guess it will be great for all those people who just click on the blue "e" to open the internet, but other than that I'll wait for plugins support before I seriously consider using it in any capacity.

On the plus side - it is fast, which is nice. And if it gets updated regularly, it will be a blessing for web development, since IE11 is the last straggler when it comes to regular updates.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding edge is a joke. I've got several devices and not syncing my favorites and lists is a HUGE fail! Wish I had the old metro IE over this... It synced and had gestures. The only thing I like about it is the one note markup.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Edge is working well for me -- stable, fast, and smooth. But, without extensions, it simply can't be my primary browser.

Closingracer

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Edge is working well for me -- stable, fast, and smooth. But, without extensions, it simply can't be my primary browser.

I don't use extensions so it's great for me. Chrome has been giving me issues for a while now since windows 8.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm just waiting for bookmarks to become cloud based, then I'll ditch Chrome. Also, how does Edge handle multiple tabs? If one tab crashes, is it isolated?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Edge is fast for me after modifying the sys32 host file.
Leaving out the instant history on the back arrow in the current tab was a knucklehead move by MS, yet the overall speed of Edge is a welcome feature.

Closingracer

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm just waiting for bookmarks to become cloud based, then I'll ditch Chrome. Also, how does Edge handle multiple tabs? If one tab crashes, is it isolated?

Yes I believe so. I am pretty sure it happened to me last night but I was already half asleep so I don't remember

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I would think the reason for Microsoft to create a newer browser would be for added security. All along Internet Explorer gets hacked from time to time so I guess that's a big problem with big M..
It is a little tough to get used to due to the fact I find IE comfortable due to the fact I've been using it since windows 95...!!!!!

Closingracer

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I would think the reason for Microsoft to create a newer browser would be for added security. All along Internet Explorer gets hacked from time to time so I guess that's a big problem with big M..
It is a little tough to get used to due to the fact I find IE comfortable due to the fact I've been using it since windows 95...!!!!!

That's also another reason to make one since it's the same browser since windoes 95. They want it to be different so by calling it a different browser along with a new app all together now makes it look totally different then IE

hd256

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Well I've been using it as my default browser for over a month I can say it rocks. Obiously it can get better but the performance is amazing. I think they can improve its interface, tabs arrangement and also add notifications

sik2k

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using IE as I can't navigate Edge with a keyboard on Win10 like I can with IE. I use a laptop with trackpad and use the pad as little as possible.

I'll give it another go when I eventually get a Surface (just holding out for news on the Surface 4 first).

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am still very surprised to see users are still using IE.
Edge is a good browser but still it is "Work in Progress"
But IE was never a good browser. Not only it it's performance suck but it's ugly looking UI....man I can't stand with it.
I found this image on GSMArena and it is true story for most PC users
gsmarena_002.jpg

Thank god MS finally ditch IE and redesign a decent browser Edge. But still lot of catching up to do (which they are also doing in mobile platform)
Anyway I am using Edge (sometime)
Data Usage_2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte