"Your Outlook settings are out-of-date"

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I get that message on my Surface Pro 3 almost every time I sign on. When I click the "Fix" button what looks like a sign-on window briefly pops up and then disappears, then nothing else happens. Usually if I do that a few times the error will eventually go away.

Anyone know how I can fix that?

Thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So far it is a known bug, hopefully they will squash it soon. Usually gmail and yahoo mail seem to get that error. Outlook doesn't seem to give me that error for some strange reason.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else still plagued by this problem? It's so annoying that I might have to disable notifications altogether. I keep hoping each new update will fix it but so far no luck.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes I still have it & I'm not getting my mail properly. It's all hit & miss with my devices & very frustrating as I'm not confident I'm getting everything. Also I can't access my Web mail since W10. (authentication problem) I have no idea what to do about this.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I finally gave up on trying to use the Mail program for email because of that bug and I rely on the Outlook web. Now I just sync my calendar, and everything seems to be syncing properly but I still get the error.

lkbig

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
At least you can use your mail and calendar. Mine crashes 3 or 4 seconds after I open them. Every single time.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Finally got a solution for this from someone on Reddit!

Begin the process of creating a 4-digit PIN as a logon to Windows.
It will prompt you to re-enter your account password
Re-enter your password
Quit out of the PIN creation
Open mail and/ or calendar, and the problem should already be corrected.

It worked for me. It has been two days with no "out of date" notification!

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue when I logon to my work domain and add my personal outlook.com account to mail. I had to delete my personal outlook account sucks.

gweaver

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I found the solution to this problem. Click on the New Notifications list on the bottom right of your screen where you probably have a whole list of " Outlook settings are out of date". Right click one of these and choose not to receive notifications from this app. Done, no more "Outlook settings are out of date". This is a glitch from Microsoft which they will probably not fix and why would you want to receive notifications from this app anyway since all you are receiving is junk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise