Windows 10 slow to detect USB connected devices

fadetobolivia

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

So as stated the in the thread title, Windows 10 is very slow to detect all USB devices I connect to it, whereas Windows 8.1 was nearly instant.

Since upgrading, it takes about a minute for Windows to realize that I have connected a device to it. Has anyone else experienced it and/or have a possible solution?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tested this on both my desktop and laptop and did not encounter the problem you're reporting. Both systems detected an 8gb thumbdrive and a 250gb external HDD instantly.

Sorry.

NiTeNull

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Search the the event viewer in windows, click on "windows logs" option and then on "system". Do a test by plugging any of your USB devices. Then right-click over "system" and refresh the list.
If any of the issues on your log are related to BTHUSB and Bthenum, chances are that the new Bluetooth config from the Windows 10 update is somehow causing conflict with the USB detection system, like it happened to me.
Solution: Find the last supported Bluetooth drivers for your PC or Laptop model (even if they are for Windows 8.1), download them and reinstall. After restarting, my USB detection worked like a charm.

I sincerely hope this was helpful to you.

fadetobolivia

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Search the the event viewer in windows, click on "windows logs" option and then on "system". Do a test by plugging any of your USB devices. Then right-click over "system" and refresh the list.
If any of the issues on your log are related to BTHUSB and Bthenum, chances are that the new Bluetooth config from the Windows 10 update is somehow causing conflict with the USB detection system, like it happened to me.
Solution: Find the last supported Bluetooth drivers for your PC or Laptop model (even if they are for Windows 8.1), download them and reinstall. After restarting, my USB detection worked like a charm.

Thank you! This appears to be the problem. Now to find the proper drivers...

dafeed

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

NiTeNull,

I made an account just to thank you. My USB ports were acting really slow. Opened up the event logs and found that a certain program I had installed Mobizen (it allows you to display your phone's screen on your PC) was erroring/timing out each time I plugged in a USB device and that was halting everything up. Thanks for leading me to the solution. You sir, are amazing! Oh and by the way I am on Windows 7 for those of you that care :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss