Windows 10 forced updates

franklin9150

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my computer to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. I have a known issue with an Intel video driver available through Windows Update that would render my computer useless. I am assuming that there is a conflict between the Intel video driver and the nVidia driver. See pic below. My work around was this was simple ... just do not install the Intel driver. As long as I used the driver from nVidia and not the one from Intel, I had no problems. Well now that Windows 10 forces all updates, I am running into the issue again. I have booted into safe mode a couple of times and disabled and even uninstalled the driver, but Windows continues to reload it and crash my video card. Is there any way to stop this, or am I now being forced to go and buy a different video card? For the record, card is nVidia GeForce 525M.

20150805_192017.jpg

Thanks,
Dennis

wyldkytten

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Isn't this going to be a permanent fixture of Windows Update in Win 10 where drivers won't automatically download? Because Windows Update is notorious for never having the proper chipset, audio and video drivers when it "Recommends" an update of them.

ElisaAndroid

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If a driver or update you are being offered is causing system crashes or instability and Windows was operating correctly prior to that update, you can follow these instructions to prevent the unwanted driver or update from being installed:

To uninstall the unwanted driver:
Launch the Device Manager with a right click on the lower left corner of the desktop and a left click on Device Manager.
Located the device driver with the problem driver installed, right click and choose Uninstall.
In the uninstall dialog, check the box to Delete the driver software for this device if available.
To uninstall an unwanted Windows Update:
Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall.

To temporarily prevent the driver or update from being reinstalled until a new driver or updated fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface for hiding and showing Windows Updates and drivers for Windows 10. You can obtain and run the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter by downloading it from the Microsoft Download Center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs