How can I fix an Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE-BOOT-DEVICE Error?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 and later decided to do a factory reset. It worked and then in restart it encountered an error the computer rebooted many times but the same error persisted. The error also happens every time at the exact same part of startup.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE-BOOT-DEVICE Error

I just tried doing a reset on my fairly new Surface 3 and the same thing happened to me. I just checked Microsoflt communities and it would appear there is numerous people running into this issue. Most of them had older computers and a few with Surface Pro 3s. I'm lucky in that I'm going to just drive my S3 back to Microsoft and request a replacement. Hopefully they give me one with Windows10 already installed on it.

Marin Pejcin

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact same problem, with the only difference being that i upgraded from win8.1 to 10, but i don't have win8.1 CD or USB, it came preinstalled on my computer when I bought it, so I can't roll back to win8. I can create a win10 bootable flash drive using my friend's laptop, but will that help?

fee123

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

hey marin,
i had exactly the same problem like you! I asked samsung support centre and got these instructions and it worked! =)

press F4 and hold it
start computer
stay on pressing F4 untill there is a process-cirle or line
then the recovery-process starts

i hope it will help you =)

Brad Poole

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issues with my laptop. I can't do anything because it has the error. And it keeps saying that it will restart itself and it keeps doing the same thing over and over

Richard Ziminsky

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site

guy that posted today, i have encountered the same problem.i have a HP ENVY 20 desktop i somehow tried what the guy told marvin to do.now my screen is black .-. screw this i am buying a new computer :cry:.

Jon Brown1

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site

Ok guys so the same thing happened to me and I have a solution for some (hopefully most) without having to use another computer OR download anything, also without any of the F* keys working.

I have a Lenovo laptop. I couldn't click F8 or F12 or any combination to get to the recovery screen. This is how I did it. Next to my power button there is a smaller button with an arrow on it. Make sure your computer is off and click it. While my computer was starting I kept clicking F8 (not sure if it was even necessary to click it but why not right?) and a few options popped up. One of them was system recovery. Click that option and the rest is pretty easy. I'd go in depth however I forgot exactly what I had to do but it was not difficult at all. There's only two buttons to press and that was exit or next so obviously click the next button. My computer recovered from a hidden partition and it reset my computer to factory settings as if I just pulled it out of the box.

I really hope this helps people!! It was sooooo frustrating but hopefully this quick guide will help people that are still stuck in this situation. Good luck!!

EDIT: Also note that I turned my secure boot off. Again not sure if that was necessary but I did it anyways.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

To solve this problem I just redownload windows 10 ISO that match with the one that installed. Use media creation tools and save it to your USB and do clean install

Manuel Ares

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

So I'm having the same problem. I reseted my computer with W10, i had W 8.1 before and when i boot my computer it says that stuff about "inaccesible_boot_device", and i would reinstall my OS if it wasn't because it came in the laptop. So when i boot and try all those keys (F1-2-3-4-5-6...) to ser if any of them goes to the windows menu that you're talking about, it doesn't work...
I don't know what to do and it seems that windows screwed it

Claude Waites

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

Updated from windows 7 to 10 now my computer won't work at all called windows they say that my computer was not capable to download windows 10 but why did windows 10 work for one day and then stop now windows is saying that I have to pay for a reset does anyone have a answer to how I can get my computer to work again

UShahid

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Use a different computer, download windows 10 ISO on DVD or USB, Pick system file whichever is compatible with your system and reinstall your window. Once you do the complete reset and ask computer to remove all files, it removes all of your files including your windows 10 files as those files are in your primary drive.

UShahid

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

If you can access safemode by pressing F8, go in there, once you are able to see the desktop go to Settings by pressing start menu, go to recovery and you will see an option to reverse back to your previous version as you get one month to go back on your previous version. Hope this will work for you, otherwise simple download Windows 7 and reinstall it on your computer.

William Hinchcliffe

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Hey for everyone that's have the INCCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE if you a Windows 7 recovery disk, turn on your pc and put the disc in then keep on pressing f12 or esc until boot menu pops up and then use the arrow keys until it says CD ROM and then press enter and then you should go into windows 7 setup it will ask you to format from hard drive or windows 7 choose the hard drive and then press format and then your pc should be good as new, I hope this helped everyone 👍🏻

Geneva Nichole

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Since the update, my Up envy-m6 will not do anything but show the blue screen with the error message then start all over. I've tried pressing all the F* keys and it does nothing. I try pressing F8 for safe mode and it does not register that I did anything. I don't have a back up disk because windows was already on it when I got it.
I just want my laptop to work like normal!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro