live tiles not working

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I mean not updating, ever, after upgrading from 8.1 pro to 10 pro(no clean install, just upgraded from .iso) everything is perfect except this, my tiles are not showing anything except for the calendar app, I tried reinstalling them and still the same, using the "turn live tile on/off" option and restarting pc, still the same, the latest update(08/05/15) didn't fix it either, they are working just fine on my laptop which has a clean install of build 10135 I think and then upgraded to 10240, but if that is what it takes then I will forget about them I guess :p

Solariis

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I did a clean 8.1 pro install on 2 pcs then upgraded both to W10 same build numbers you mentioned. Live tiles are working on one pc but not my main one. This has been very a very irritating experience and no information seems to be available at all as to why.

The only thing I can possibly think of: On the PC that they're working correctly, I may not have disabled just about all of the privacy invasive settings as I did on my main PC. I wonder if one of those settings has something to do with the live tile app permissions? Or perhaps because I installed an antivirus app that's incompatible or conflicts with live tiles? Has anyone else experienced that?

I even tried installing 3rd party apps from Microsoft Store, such as Flipboard and still none of the tiles will show any information. Even the weather tile, when I open it, sure enough all of my location info, zip code and local weather is all there, but the tile itself, no matter what size I change it to, no matter how many times I "turn live tile on/off" it still just sits there blank, not moving.

Edit: there seems to be more than the few of us with this problem: answers.microsoftDOTcom/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/live-tiles-not-working-windows-10/5a8e2ced-06a6-4b98-bfd4-da4896c9b6f9

Last edited:

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Live tiles spotty for me too - example, the standard Mail tile will show 1 email even though I've read all emails in all accounts, but it will continue to show 1 email until rebooting. Another example is the standard Weather app/tile, even though I open it and it loads the current weather for my area, the live tile will continue to show the sun icon in the tile without showing anything else. By extension, the notification icon in the taskbar is flakey too - so many times it will show a solid white color, and after clicking on it, no notifications. SP3 upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10.

WW

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^well that's exactly whats happening here, including the action center icon deceiving me, a friend of mine did the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 same as me and he has working live tiles so I don't think a fresh-clean install is the solution here

on a side note, Cortana seems to be messing with my microphone, previously it worked admirably with people hearing me even as I went to the bathroom when doing skype calls, if I had to guess Cortana is auto leveling the volume somewhere I cant actually see, no matter how high I set the volume it will get tons of noise then back to inaudible, this happened to me before in w7 I think but was fixed in 8.1, I have no idea how to fix it yet

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Same here, only apps with working live tiles is store, Facebook, and Netflix.
I had loads on 8.1 that now don't work on 10 - windowscentral (yes, this sites app), calendar, email, weather....

SBM_from_LA

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 Live Tiles Fix

They only work with screen DPI set to 100% or 125%. There is a bug that causes them to not work if custom DPI is set.

magic410

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 here:
- Weather doesn't work since November. I don't know why.
- MSN Sport works only after I play the app.

Some of the 3rd party apps sometimes don't work, but usually they need only a re-installation. Unfortunately it is impossible to uninstall and reinstall the Weather app, so what do you suggest?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss