Import Firefox bookmarks to Edge?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you can't. Firefox doesn't like Microsoft to encourage users to change to Firefox nor benefit something from Firefox.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I think you can't. Firefox doesn't like Microsoft to encourage users to change to Firefox nor benefit something from Firefox.
But it does like take from all the rest.lol. First thing after you finish installation of FF it ask if you want to import from other browsers

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Got Chrome? Get Chrome?

Import Firefox bookmarks into Chrome > Import Chrome bookmarks into Edge...

Yea....thats the one solution I did not want to do. Dont have chrome and dont want it on my PC's.
I can't believe there is no "Import" function working with html bookmarks in Edge settings.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm firmly anti-Chrome as well. If you don't use it and uninstall it after the migration, what can it really harm? They get your bookmarks one time. Just use Control Panel > Programs to root out the persistent Google Updater that will come with...

rlindauw

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Let's see if I have that right: It's Firefox's fault that Edge cannot import FF bookmarks? Other browsers (chromium, midori, opera) seem to manage it. I won't use Edge till this problem is resolve (and no, I won't install chrome, import to chrome, and them import to edge).

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You can also import the HTML bookmark file from FF into IE which is still available in W10 and then import from IE - no need to install Chrome for that task!

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You can't do it directly, but a workaround is easy.

From Firefox, export bookmarks to HTML file > Import to IE > Import to Edge via the favourites icon or 'Hub' as they've called it now.

Using multiple browsers has it's advantages, so it's nice to have the same bookmarks in all of them. I have to say though, since editing my 'hosts' file, Edge seems to be the fastest browser on my pc by far.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa