Mail app sending out random emails?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing random email sent from the app go from the outbox to literally NOWHERE!! it's not in sent and it DOES NOT reach who I sent it to .. it somehow disappears into a black hole from the outbox

needless to say, if you're reply or sending something important, you currently CANNOT guarantee it's working correctly - unless you keep checking the sent folder

I just tweeted Aul about this .. I would encourage all here to be VERY careful with this app. I've stopped using it and I need to find a replacement ..

#disgusted #windows10 #NOTREADY

:(

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Before you go ripping the app, have made sure your server settings are correct? Is your ISP connecting properly? Is your computer infested with malware or viruses? This marks the first time I've read about this problem on this, or any other forum.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, watch out for the address it is sending FROM. It often just picks a random alias for a given account and won't let you change it in-app. The setting, would you believe it, is in the registry? Why are we expected to use regedit just to send a basic email from our primary addresses? This happens on 3 devices I have tested, 2 with clean installs.

I use my phone to send emails now until I get a copy of W8 installed as a VM to add a PROPER touch mode to W10 and real email.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Trading tweets with Gabe - definitely an app bug (well several)

#1 - the default settings it picks for icloud are not correct - need to remove SSL check from outgoing (default on)
#2 - messages with attachments go from the outbox to the sent mail, stay there a second, then end up in deleted messages with the wrong date/time stamp - seems like a pretty bad bug to me

You would have thought having a solid email application in you OS would be a pretty f-in' high priority .. guess not (face palm)

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
@ Richard ... oh it's real .. I tried to use it to send out a pretty freakin' important bit of email .. it's a good job I checked on the webclient and noticed that the app did NOT send the F-ING email .. now you see my disgust - and yes -- it appears to be a REAL issue - see my post below - app is fundamentally broken

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In a W10 world, I would be surprised if they did. Not much else does.

*shrug* I have encountered no bugs or usability issues in either of my two installations, in my step-sons installation, or seen any in my buddy's two installations. It all works perfect, except for some Edge sluggishness on ad-heavy sites.

I'm sorry you're having problems with Windows 10. Maybe you should try doing a format-the-drive fresh install, or downgrade back to Windows 8/7.

arn6735

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I ordered in an online store last night and after receiving the receipt I checked it on the email app but can't be viewed... A bug I guess....

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
*shrug* I have encountered no bugs or usability issues in either of my two installations, in my step-sons installation, or seen any in my buddy's two installations. It all works perfect, except for some Edge sluggishness on ad-heavy sites.

I'm sorry you're having problems with Windows 10. Maybe you should try doing a format-the-drive fresh install, or downgrade back to Windows 8/7.

I will be installing a W8 VM on pro installs of 10.

On several installs I have done I have used a complete fresh install from an ISO after doing a diskpart clean on modern hardware and I can assure you there are a tonne of bugs. You may not be seeing them, but they are there waiting in the shadows. Watch your back.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When you release a product scheduled to ship in October in July, what do you expect?

We knew there were a few issues still present because DP, while getting solid, was not entirely solid. Have to say I think they did a great job moving the release process forward though. I've upgraded 3 PCs here and 2 were flawless. Mine had a couple of issues and still does have a couple, but it's good enough to use and these issues will get fixed soon enough.

The store mail client is easy for Microsoft to update and got the most bad press so I'm sure that has quite a lot of focus at the moment.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No doubt you may have found a problem but you should be getting about resolving the issue. What have you done beyond run away?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos