After upgrading to Windows 10, popping noises accompany any and all sounds coming from my PC. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after upgrading to windows 10, popping noises accompany any and all sounds coming from my PC.

the problem manifests in both headphones and standard speakers, leading me to think its an internal problem. i've already manually uninstalled and reinstalled my sound drivers, and changed the frequency / quality of the sound to no avail.
i am using realtek speakers - i say this as some other people noticed realteks are having problems.
please help as this is incredibly annoying and makes it extremely difficult to hear anything!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: after upgrading to windows 10, popping noises accompany any and all sounds coming from my PC.

the problem manifests in both headphones and standard speakers, leading me to think its an internal problem. i've already manually uninstalled and reinstalled my sound drivers, and changed the frequency / quality of the sound to no avail.
i am using realtek speakers - i say this as some other people noticed realteks are having problems.
please help as this is incredibly annoying and makes it extremely difficult to hear anything!

Yupp Realtek speakers are having problems (I should know lol). In any case, a quick reboot, fixes the issue. As far as I can tell, my issues only start while trying to play games from the store; don't have time to try any of my other games yet. Watching movies, listening to sth etc does not cause any problems for me tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett