Why won't my Outlook 2013 receive emails after the Windows 10 Upgrade?

kleydejong

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Outlook 2013 Won't Receive emails after Windows 10 Upgrade

I performed the Windows 10 upgrade. Since that was completed I've been getting a receive error in Outlook 2013:

Outlook 0x800ccc1a - Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.

I can send emails, but am not receiving.

I did some research and found a tip to do a cmd prompt with:

sfc/scannow

I tried doing this many times. It always ends with this message:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log.

The scan does not fix the email problem I'm having.

Bobbortunity

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlook 2013 Won't Receive emails after Windows 10 Upgrade

I have the same situation except my error reads, "Receiving reported error (0x8004210E): Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again."

I too have tried the SFC/scannow multiple times with no success fixing Outlook.

All antivirus is off. Windows firewall is off.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I performed the Windows 10 upgrade. Since that was completed I've been getting a receive error in Outlook 2013:

Outlook 0x800ccc1a - Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.

sfc/scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log.

This command will check if there are any corrupted system files... it appears you have some that are not fixed whether they be specific to the mail app or not. Have you looked into the log?

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I have the same situation except my error reads, "Receiving reported error (0x8004210E): Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again."

I too have tried the SFC/scannow multiple times with no success fixing Outlook.

All antivirus is off. Windows firewall is off.

Probably not a good idea to turn your protection off... There are known issues with the Mail app that I myself have been dealing with too. Do you have another email program that accesses your mail?

Bobbortunity

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I can use webmail but that defeats the purpose of having Outlook.

I turned off antivirus, firewall and defender to diagnose the problem. I would never run day to day without them.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I can use webmail but that defeats the purpose of having Outlook.

I turned off antivirus, firewall and defender to diagnose the problem. I would never run day to day without them.
I only ask because your error message seems to indicate that another program is using your mail client preventing Outlook from using it... Perhaps someone else will chime in with some help. Not sure if you need to do something with your mail server or not.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

sfc/scannow

Ideally this what you want to see after running the scannow command...Capture.PNG

When I was running 8.1 I downloaded some utility software that I think really messed up my files... the log was so long that there was no way I could fix it. I needed to do a system refresh to overwrite the corrupted files. I am not saying you need to do that. I personally was having all kinds of computer problems because of the corrupted files.

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

What's the email provider and software they are using on their end, what type of connection, etc.?

I have encountered occasionally the rare outdated server software* that only allows one connection to exist to a mailbox, if you have outlook for productive use and the modern app so you can get lock screen notifications or whatever, both connected to the same account at the same time, could cause this issue.

*Could be "outdated" protocol come to think of it, I know there's a reason I avoid anything that only supports POP3 or IMAP, seems like maybe this was the reason.

kleydejong

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

What's the email provider and software they are using on their end, what type of connection, etc.?

I have encountered occasionally the rare outdated server software* that only allows one connection to exist to a mailbox, if you have outlook for productive use and the modern app so you can get lock screen notifications or whatever, both connected to the same account at the same time, could cause this issue.

*Could be "outdated" protocol come to think of it, I know there's a reason I avoid anything that only supports POP3 or IMAP, seems like maybe this was the reason.

It is my work email using our own domain. It is on my work laptop. When I got it after getting hired it was already loaded and setup. Connection type is POP/SMTP. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb