Mouse moving jerky after cumulative update

MonsterVlad

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
So... Does anyone has the same issue? My mouse is moving jerky after cumulative update, no matter what I use - touchpad or mouse.
The only place where it's works fine - task manager. In explorer, in apps, in games it's always moving jerky.

MonsterVlad

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If anyone will have same problem, here is the solution:

Run cmd as admin
Make the following commands one after the other:

sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Restart PC.

nrichard

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I'm having the same issue, on Lenovo Yoga 500-15, with the same strange behaviour: when Task Manager (or some other panels such as Device Manager...) is displayed, everything is fine!

I ran the commands you suggested but it did not solve the issue.

My Yoga was upgraded to Windows 10 by installing it from a USB key, and then installing all the drivers for Windows 10 provided by Lenovo and updating Windows.

Any suggestion on how to go further? I could not see on Lenovo site if Yoga 500-15 is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10. Almost all drivers for Windows 10 are available from Lenovo support (with a couple of exceptions), but no Lenovo utilities (OneKey Optimizer etc.) is provided for Windows 10. Maybe I should wait that Lenovo clarifies all that...

Kevinbg

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Yogo 3 Pro and it worked perfectly in Win8 & Win8.1. Now I have upgraded to Win10 my mouse jerks all the time. I have used a Logitech MX5500, Lenovo N700, and a standard USB mouse and they all do the same thing so its not the Bluetooth...?
I have downloaded and installed all the drivers including the latest Logitech Setpoint and still it jerks all over the place... I'm sick of this and considering going back to Win8.1

UPDATE........

Cleaned the old backup version of Windows 8.1 off the machine, defragged, and reinstalled all the latest Win10 drivers from Lenovo and all seems to be working smooth again....Fingers crossed....

UPDATE.....

Shorted lived as its jerking all over the place again...... this sucks..!

Last edited:

1970sITman

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here.
Brand new Yoga 500. Have rebuilt windows 10 using refresh option and it seemed to work until it received updates. Still investigating.

FIXED! disabled the sound drivers(?) that start automatically after a boot. No impact on the playing of sounds though.

Last edited:

nrichard

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I finally gave up trying to install Windows 10 from scratch and performed an update from Windows 8.1 instead. No jerky touchpad this way, but it is far from perfect:
- I had to edit the Registry so that two fingers tap (for right click) works
- Three fingers commands (e.g. for minimizing all windows) works... sometimes only
- One finger tap (for left click) does not work sometimes (say 1 time out of 20)

I must say this gets a little bit on my nerves...

Jason Mts

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I got my laptop with windows 10 and the mouse and the mousepad are stuttering. Games are almost unplayable from the shaking of the screen, but they are fine with my xbox360 controller. Did anyone found any solutions for it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05