Edge and Google maps problem

Jo1alfa

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

After installing windows 10 on my asus T100 I have problems using google maps in edge.
It loads fine but zooming with two fingers does not work.
I have to try it a few times and then it suddenly works sloppy. ( slow and not precise )
Zooming with two fingers works fine in other apps.

Anybody having the same problem? ( or solution )

Regards,

Johan

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps isn't an app, its a web site. Edge works fine for 2 finger zooming on my system with other web sites, except for Google sites.

Google will try to determine what browser you are using, and they will change how the site behaves depending on your browser. If they see you are on a desktop version of Edge or IE, they will allow zooming to be controlled by mouse. Touch won't work at all.

Strangely enough, two-finger zooming works just fine if you use Chrome on Google Maps from Windows 10. Looks like they want you to use their browser.

Using Bing Maps in the Edge browser will allow you to use the two-finger zoom, and it is blazing fast. Much faster than Chrome on Google Maps. Google Maps was even choppy in Chrome, but in Edge, Bing Maps is smooth as butter and blazing fast.

Another option you may want to try is the built-in maps app in Windows 10. You can download the maps you need on your local storage and not have to use your data bandwidth when checking the map or getting directions. Works great, and is much more touch friendly than Google maps ever was, as it was designed for touch.

Arni Leibovits

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. I would gladly use the Maps app (and I do), but the problem is that the majority of websites embed a map using Google Maps. It is practically impossible to use these embedded maps in Edge on Windows 10 Mobile.

Would anyone have a solution for this?

AndrewEwon

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue, but then I realized that within Microsoft edge you have to use the pinch/pinch-out gesture on the trackpad in order to zoom in and out. Two finger movements just pans you around the map.

mji1989

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
If only Bing maps Worked well in other countries... Its great in the states but anywhere else and Google Is king...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786