08-23-2018 01:37 AM
94 1234
tools
    Edited my post to clarify.
    08-08-2015 03:38 PM
    normal startup does not fix my problem , and now store start crunching when i try to pause or removing apps. -.-
    08-08-2015 03:42 PM
    Going to try turning off windows firewall when I get home tonight, then try the normal boot.

Here's the failed steps M$ support has been copy-pasting in forums:
    sfc /scannow
    wsreset

It's irritating as my brother had 0 issues with his rig updating to Windows 10. Yet my Lenovo Z510 crashed 3 times during the initial update, and now this stupid store issue along with GUI issues.

</deardiary>
    08-08-2015 04:07 PM
    well, I have been on the internet before windows was even born and Microsoft has ALWAYS been bad at giving out a good system. Windows 10 has been given away in order for others to fix the bugs. they then collate all the fixes and issue a new release at a price. the current bug with the store and mail is not restricted to any make but seems to affect laptops etc. As usual Microsoft know there is an issue but don't know how to fix it so will keep quiet until someone finds a work around. we cannot sue as it was given free and anyone with brains knows NOTHING is ever free. There are about to be issues with anyone trying to use VPN as the government will NOT allow encryption it cannot un-encrypt.
    vt12 likes this.
    08-08-2015 04:08 PM
    Going to try turning off windows firewall when I get home tonight, then try the normal boot.

Here's the failed steps M$ support has been copy-pasting in forums:
    sfc /scannow
    wsreset

It's irritating as my brother had 0 issues with his rig updating to Windows 10. Yet my Lenovo Z510 crashed 3 times during the initial update, and now this stupid store issue along with GUI issues.

</deardiary>
    I can't think of a single time MS support has given the right answer on microsoft answers. I usually scroll past their replies now. Once when I contacted them about some uninstallation-bug popup I was getting they asked me 40 to fix a virus. It turned out to be an incorrect registry entry I just deleted.
    08-08-2015 04:24 PM
    In the UK, as far as I know, VPNs only connect you to your provider. But here, providers are legally obligated to keep all browsing history for 2 years. So I don't think it makes any difference if fear of government is the issue - but VPNs are still useful to prevent MITM attacks from low level attackers.
    Last edited by vt12; 08-08-2015 at 05:51 PM.
    08-08-2015 04:26 PM
    I can't really believe this! I mean, it's not a Single User Trouble, a lot of us are experiencing this (and BTW, the "Fix" updated in the First Post didn't work for me neither).

Yeah, a nasty bug, all rait, and meaby the "Big Patch" coming next week fix this terrible issue, but in the meantime, this kind of issues are not going to look very well in the near future (but, well, this kind of things always happens, but please! Windows 10 has been around for a lot of months and a lot of people trying to make this the best Windows ever, but even with all the efforts, the Windows Team didn't bring a near complete OS on the launch date).
    08-08-2015 07:49 PM
    So, after 30+ minutes chating with some dude from Tech Support and the info. he told me:

-This is a bug from Windows 8.
    -It's, again, a terrible registry corrup/damage.
    -I need to change my Windows Account to a Local Account to see if the problem is gone.
    -This bug is going to be fixed with and update over time (not right now, but some day).
    -People on Tech Support know nothing.

Oh boy... this is going to be a really hard update cycle for Microsoft.
    08-08-2015 09:29 PM
    I had the same issue. Turned off my firewall, and all apps downloaded. Turned my firewall back on.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:08 PM
    Here's what worked for me:
    1. Uninstall any and all of the third party anti-virus software, then restart your PC.
    2. Once restarted, check for Windows Updates - the error (if any) should resolved and updates if available should begin to download.
    3. After installing the updates, restart if required.
    4. Launch the store once back in. Check the app downloads and attempt to restart the download.
    5. They should begin to start downloading.

This is in addition to the recommended solutions found by other users above.
    LA6507a likes this.
    08-09-2015 12:27 AM
    I just posted about this bug in Microsoft Community, so make sure you're following the thread.

I can't download or update apps via Windows Store - Microsoft Community
    The answer provided by Triw helped me... I think. That step along with disabling my Norton Firewall and normal boot allowed the store to finally work.

I'd just like a day when a Windows OS comes out that I don't have to dig down into DOS to get it to work... but it is not this day.
    Mladen Mikovic likes this.
    08-09-2015 01:19 AM
    Are you running on a RTM Windows?
    08-09-2015 01:39 AM
    The answer provided by Triw helped me... I think. That step along with disabling my Norton Firewall and normal boot allowed the store to finally work.

I'd just like a day when a Windows OS comes out that I don't have to dig down into DOS to get it to work... but it is not this day.
    This totally worked for me aswell:
    hey I just try this method from here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...20733b6?page=2

1. Run an elevated command prompt (Type "cmd" in Search, then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter).
    2. Type following commands:

net stop wuauserv
    move "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old"
    net start wuauserv

3. Reboot
    4. Try to download something from the Store.

try to disconnect from the internet while doing this. just to make sure windows update really turn off and not downloading any updates.
    Been searching for a solution even since i removed Mail and Calendar and tried to redownload them, since they kept freezing! (there a good tutorial to remove system apps here https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog...ndows-10-apps/)

Thanks guys, I can finally download apps again.. and more importantly, manage my mail and appointments! ;)

Cheers
    Fpfpfpfp likes this.
    08-09-2015 04:10 AM
    Same problem for days, this sucks man. Sure free upgrade but it's buggy as hell so far.
    08-09-2015 05:07 AM
    Here's what worked for me:
    1. Uninstall any and all of the third party anti-virus software, then restart your PC.
    2. Once restarted, check for Windows Updates - the error (if any) should resolved and updates if available should begin to download.
    3. After installing the updates, restart if required.
    4. Launch the store once back in. Check the app downloads and attempt to restart the download.
    5. They should begin to start downloading.

This is in addition to the recommended solutions found by other users above.
    Thank you! this worked for me :)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:44 AM
    I've tried multiple solutions over the past two days, but this finally worked for me (found this at answers.microsoft.com):

First go to Windows Store and log out by clicking on your icon on the top right, then click the account you are logged in with and then click log out.

go to Settings, Accounts, and if you are currently using a Microsoft account to log into Windows, switch it to use a local account, do new password etc, for the local account then reboot.

Once rebooted, go back to windows store and without logging in see if you can download any updates. When I did this it worked and started downloading the stuck updates.

You may be able to go back and switch back to using a Microsoft account to log in to Windows after downloads are unstuck. There is benefit to logging into Windows this way synced settings across devices etc. I haven't switch back yet to see if the issue returns. Hope this helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-b426d20733b6
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-09-2015 10:09 AM
    Found a fix for people with the Store problem plus Mail and Calendar Crash, The fix is only for people with AMD Graphics Card though, below is my post from the Microsoft site

Guys I fixed it, I updated catalyst manager and AMD driver to a newer windows 10 64 bit version and then Mail and calendar worked again, for store to work I had to go to run after updating driver and type WSReset.exe but you might not need to
    here is the download for the driver I needed what might help you guys too if its an AMD card you have
    Desktop
    here the 32bit version
    Desktop
    Please post if it works for you guys too, so we know if the old driver got broke by the last Windows update
    08-09-2015 02:08 PM
    He forum
    I cant download viber on my nokia 311
    can you help me to download it from pc to android ?
    08-09-2015 02:28 PM
    Had the same problem... actually first occurred in one of the preview releases so I thought it was something to do with my machine. Back then I tried a reset - the reset failed and reverted but in the process seemed to fix the problem. So I tried that again in the release version and it didn't really work. I thought maybe it was time to do a clean install so I followed some instructions from Hexus.net which suggested that once your copy of Win10 had been activated you could do a clean install on the same machine and the activation would still be valid. Like hell. And of course having come from the technical preview the product key I had for that programme no longer works. So I have been forced to reinstall Windows 8, go through all the upgrades to get to Windows 8.1 and must now wait till Microsoft decides I can have my upgrade to 10. I really like Win10, but everything about this process reminds me of why I've often wished I could just move properly to Linux and be done with all this activation bollocks.
    08-09-2015 03:15 PM
    Do everything, same problem, nothing work and I'm still facing the same issue all of you are having.

Some minutes ago I send a message to Gabe in Twitter, let's see if he can tell us something.
    08-09-2015 03:41 PM
    Had the same problem... actually first occurred in one of the preview releases so I thought it was something to do with my machine. Back then I tried a reset - the reset failed and reverted but in the process seemed to fix the problem. So I tried that again in the release version and it didn't really work. I thought maybe it was time to do a clean install so I followed some instructions from Hexus.net which suggested that once your copy of Win10 had been activated you could do a clean install on the same machine and the activation would still be valid. Like hell. And of course having come from the technical preview the product key I had for that programme no longer works. So I have been forced to reinstall Windows 8, go through all the upgrades to get to Windows 8.1 and must now wait till Microsoft decides I can have my upgrade to 10. I really like Win10, but everything about this process reminds me of why I've often wished I could just move properly to Linux and be done with all this activation bollocks.
    To get access to your key (I don't know if you can use it to install W10, but I have extracted it anyway):

Open Notepad.

Paste this:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
    Const KeyOffset = 52
    i = 28
    Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
    Do
    Cur = 0
    x = 14
    Do
    Cur = Cur * 256
    Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
    Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
    Cur = Cur Mod 24
    x = x -1
    Loop While x >= 0
    i = i -1
    KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
    If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
    i = i -1
    KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
    End If
    Loop While i >= 0
    ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
    End Function
    save it as a .vbs file

Double click and it will show you your key.
    08-09-2015 05:16 PM
    My solution:

Go to settings>users and create a new user with admin priviledges. Make sure that user does NOT have an email address. Just a local user (so keep clicking the text that says "save user without email address" and so on.

Log out of your account and log in as that new user. Your PC will now finish updating the new user and part of that process involves downloading the patches you can't get in your regular account.

When first logged in, go to the windows store, and you should automatically download updates after 10 seconds.

Once updated, restart the PC and log into your regular account. Mail and Calendar should work properly. Go into Windows Store. You should be able to download the rest of your updates now.

Keep that account you made as an "emergency backup"; don't use it for anything other than this type of trouble. As a Windows Insider, I was stuck the same way back on build 10071 and did the same thing to force Win Update to get me to the next build.
    EMINENT 1 and Kunal Dudwadkar like this.
    08-09-2015 10:56 PM
    Tried a few of the things suggested here. Uninstalled AVG, disabled Windows firewall, started in Normal Boot mode, no help. I was having issues with a Windows Update for Windows Defender definitions which seemed to be fixed by turning off the firewall, but still no luck with updating apps or using Mail.
    08-10-2015 12:21 AM
    OP solution is working for me. Things updating again!
    08-10-2015 01:16 AM
    My solution:

Go to settings>users and create a new user with admin priviledges. Make sure that user does NOT have an email address. Just a local user (so keep clicking the text that says "save user without email address" and so on.

Log out of your account and log in as that new user. Your PC will now finish updating the new user and part of that process involves downloading the patches you can't get in your regular account.

When first logged in, go to the windows store, and you should automatically download updates after 10 seconds.

Once updated, restart the PC and log into your regular account. Mail and Calendar should work properly. Go into Windows Store. You should be able to download the rest of your updates now.

Keep that account you made as an "emergency backup"; don't use it for anything other than this type of trouble. As a Windows Insider, I was stuck the same way back on build 10071 and did the same thing to force Win Update to get me to the next build.
    This didn't work for me until I uninstalled the last update "KB3081424" and rebooted. They started updating again finally and was able to log back into my administrator acct. and reinstall the above update.
    08-10-2015 03:02 AM
94 1234