Store won't download apps

vt12

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Windows Store Won't Download Apps.png

It's been stuck like this for a couple of days.

It was working fine before that.

Anyone else getting this?

I think it stopped working after the cumulative update.

EDIT: The solution is:

1. Open the start menu.
2. Type msconfig.
3. Open "System configuration"
4. Select "Normal boot."
5. Restart computer.

Last edited:

Jesse Sasso

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My laptop is doing the same. No connection errors or messages, it just doesn't download anything. Connection has been fine, as I've been downloading Steam games without issue. My updates through the store include an update for the store itself, which I'm hoping is a patch for our problem, but i obviously can't download it. My downloads have also been stuck for a few days. Restarting the service, app, or queue has not solved the problem.

handle8

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Had this same problem which turned out to be a Firewall problem between the built-in windows firewall and Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. I had to uninstall bitdefender, reboot, re-install bitdefender, reboot, and now the store updates properly.

A few days ago I got a popup from Windows 10's Security and Maintenance that there was a problem with the firewall. This took me to Windows Firewall that showed the firewall was off. If you have some other firewall installed, do NOT turn the windows firewall back on.

If you have both the windows firewall and some other firewall on, you can try turning off the windows firewall. But this didn't work for me, even with reboots.

DizzyPhone

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, just started today, after the cumulative update as well.

I don't have an additional firewall installed beyond Windows. Seems like this is happening to others as well.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I came here to see if anyone else had this issue. Started today. My mail and One Note apps aren't working, either.

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here, download was stuck. I have reported this issue to Microsoft through Feedback. Please do the same to raise the profile of this issue.

Nisma Kumalasari

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
i have this problem since 2 days ago it work fine before ,i tried everything reset cache troubleshooting using vpn and tathering my iphone but no luck

FileDownloadHandler.ashx.jpg

Last edited:

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do we have anything else in common? What kind of laptop/desktop are you on? I'm on a Lenovo.

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the last cumulative update because I think everything was working before then, but it didn't seem to help. Now I cant reinstall the update... I hope I don't have to do a reset.

Last edited:

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Toshiba l755
Under the devices on my account my laptop was showing twice, one with Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16405) and other with 10.0.10240.163xx version, so I removed older version but that didn't help.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This really sucks. Microsoft needed a near-flawless rollout of Windows 10, but it looks like that isn't happening. Even with all of the people beta testing it, there are problems like this. The store not working is a huge deal, too.

abausch

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Good point. Everything is working fine on my desktop, but on my Lenovo laptop, everything is stuck. Mail and One Note won't open, multiple apps won't update. Very frustrating!

vt12

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Resetting windows update like here seems to have restored functionality, although in a buggy way:

www technipages com /fix-windows-store-apps-stuck-pending

Microsoft is a company with good ideas and poor execution. While all the detractors have been criticising forced updates for breaking features, the cumulative update breaks something in Windows update which disrupts the store.

Really shameful.

Edit: No, I was wrong. Checking for updates after the updates "complete" results in all of them showing up as pending again.

Further, it isn't an issue with just lenovo laptops as I have the same problem on a Dell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss