Store won't download apps

Gray Liu

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here! Besides, my Mail and Calendar App won't open. Just freeze at their logo page. I wanted to reinstall those two Apps, now that the store is down. I can't do anything but wait. This really sucks!!

loash

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
1. Run an elevated command prompt (Type "cmd" in Search, then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter).
2. Type following commands:

net stop wuauserv
move "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old"
net start wuauserv

3. Reboot
4. Try to download something from the Store.
try to disconnect from the internet while doing this. just to make sure windows update really turn off and not downloading any updates.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I think that this solution that was found in the MSFT Answers forum bears repeating, even to be stickied. It certainly worked for multiple users as well as for my Surface?.
EDIT: I will add that I only renamed the "SoftwareDistribution" directory by appending ".OLD" to it as opposed to actually moving it elsewhere in the file system. I believe that renaming the folder was the original intent of the OP in that thread.

This worked for me too, thanks!

I also renamed the "SoftwareDistribution" folder with .old, I've noticed that it's recreated a new "SoftwareDistribution" folder so I'm guessing I should be good to delete the .old version now (*hovers mouse over 'delete' button cautiously*)

soren molander

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Dear Forum, Windows 10 worked fine until the last update, when a lot of things stopped working:

0. Windows update stopped working ("cannot check for update since you are not connected to the internet"). I can readily browse over http but the windows internet services stopped working.
1. It's not possible to create a HomeGroup.
2. It's not possible to start the printer spooler, which means my USBprinter doesn't work.
3. Windows app store is unreachable.
4. I can browse the web, but can't update my mcafee virus protection software.
5. I used to be able to stream files to my SmartTV using UMS, this doesn't work now.

I tried sfc and DISM, none of these services works.

When I try to restart the wuauserv I get "System error 10106 has occurred. The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized".
I really hope these problems will be fixed ASAP, it seems a lot of people have similar problems.

andrepiza

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Msconfig suggestion didn't work for me. Now when I click on the app that I tried to install it doesn't do anything, not even shows the download on the queue. It also now says "you now own this app and can download on this device". Which I obviously can't... any other solutions came up? Thanks a lot.

andrepiza

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Now when I click "install" on the app I was trying to download, it doesn't even go to the download queue. It also says "you own this app and can now download on this device" - which is obviously not working... Any other solutions? Thanks a lot.

Thibault Randour

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I found my solution to this problem and its really stupid...
just try connecting to another internet acces.
At school they downloaded instantly so i was mindf***ed so i tried downloading something at home on my 3g hotspot and it worked.

lumianok smart

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on windows 10 mobile (Build 10536) ... can't download any apps or app updates from the store ... it always says please try again. :/

smile4me315

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me

Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

Copy the following PowerShell command and paste it into the CMD window: *PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Hit Enter to initiate the script.

After the script finishes, immediately reboot the computer.

Once you reboot, you can jump back into the Windows Store and the pending app updates should start to download.

emdagr8

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
This works for windows 10. I ran a trouble shooter and got an error that stated service registration was missing or corrupt. Now I just need to find where to enter it and I should be back on track. Thank you.

Rick Williams4

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I was going crazy trying to download purchased movies on the Microsoft store site. I am running win/10. The common sugestion was to contact the store techs to go thru the XBOX App. I could not find any contact info there but I did discover that you can navigate back to the stores movies and tv / my movies and tv and guess what happened- while I was loged into XBOX the download button worked! SUCCESS!

MikeInAZ

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I had just installed McAfee Internet Suite (from Cox Communications). Turns out the McAfee Firewall was preventing my updates. I turned it off and they work now. This isn't the first issue I've had with that Firewall. I need to learn how to make exceptions so I dont have to keep turning it off and on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre