Documents folder read-only since upgrade

chrisjfinlay

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
On Windows 7, everything was fine.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have a problem with c:\users\ftr\documents (ftr is the user account name)

It is locked to read-only, and when I change it, it immediately changes back, despite me giving administrator privelege. This is messing with so many programs that expect to be able to write here, and the biggest is Adobe Premiere. It can no longer write to the folders it needs to in here and when it offers to switch scratch disks to My Documents, the program craps out - probably because it's running into the same error.

I thought at first this may have been because I changed to an Outlook account, so I switched the machine back to Local - but I still cannot take control of the folder.

chrisjfinlay

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
In fact, it's EVERYTHING in c:\users\ftr, not just Documents. This includes Dropbox,. OneDrive, Pictures, Downloads...

If I run Premiere as administrator, then it works fine. But really, we all know what a pain in the *** running everything as an admin will be. Also, this account IS an administrator, so what gives?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb