Project Astoria Tools Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
try to cancel dev unlock using wp8.1/wp10 sdk or do a hard reset. Also remember always turn off the developer switch before reboot/shutdown.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
so this has kind of broken my phone. after installing a few apps and games my phone crashed and restarted. now I can no longer use wconnect.exe to connect to my phone and I cant get into the developer settings (whenever I try all my quick setting tiles start flashing and become unresponsive). also the android apps I installed have become really slow. will update if I find a solution.

UPDATE
Problem seems to be getting worse. Now I can't even uninstall apps.
try to cancel dev unlock using wp8.1/wp10 sdk or do a hard reset. Also remember always turn off the developer switch before reboot/shutdown.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I would not really recommend to do this, after few apps my phone started to randomly lag, hiccup, keyboard won't show up, and so on so yeah :)

I'll try to have only one app though and that is Windows Central and see how it goes.

Update: Now it won't even allow me to do it again, Developer settings would crash and Action Centre toggles starts blinking, resulting in inability to connect the phone with installing process via PC again.

Also you'll probably just realize that Native Windows apps are Awesome :)

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
[note]Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

[warn] We are taking a hard line on posting of links to these tools, direct or indirect. Please do not post links or directions in comments as you risk having the post deleted. Continued abuse of this rule may result in account termination.[/warn][/note]

This is such a big topic it would be a mistake to not allow a venue for discussing it - but we will not tolerate any links or directions in this thread.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys remember this isn't even a public release of the project so there WILL be problems! Things can and will go wrong!
Errors? Might be a simple issue, might just be bad luck, etc. Don't expect it to work perfectly for everyone, all the time.

So tread lightly and don't take it lightly. Don't decide to use it for anything mission critical if you can.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
can you please give me the links!?
Windows Central*is taking a hard line on posting of links to these tools, direct or indirect. Please do not post links or directions in comments as you risk having the post deleted. Continued abuse of this rule may result in account termination.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is so sad. People are so desperate for apps that they are willing to take scraps and hand me downs.

Just when I started settling back in with windows phone and enjoying the os things like this make me so frustrated. There goes any hope of native windows app. We are the new blackberry.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Guys remember this isn't even a public release of the project so there WILL be problems!

Plus also the deployment tool is designed for developers to be able to test their own applications. The 'public release' of this tool still won't be for end-users, but developers. The goal isn't for end-users to deploy their Android devices to their own devices, but for developers to submit their APK (sometimes requiring modifications for Google services) to the Store after debugging and testing their application so that only then we can purchase and download those apps as normal.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This is so sad. People are so desperate for apps that they are willing to take scraps and hand me downs.

Just when I started settling back in with windows phone and enjoying the os things like this make me so frustrated. There goes any hope of native windows app. We are the new blackberry.

Why look at the empty half here... If a developer can tap a new market with minimum effort that would be great.... If windows turned out to be what Microsoft hope it to be, they can then invest in making a native app.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried it on an unsupported phone,like the 635? I wanna test it out but my 635 is my daily driver,so IDK

I saw yesterday said 635 was supported which totally surprised me.

That's not to say it will work... Just saying some documentation says it is.

Note that the purpose of this tool is for developers to get more apps in the store. Wait a few months until WM10 is released and just enjoy the influx of apps!

The goal is for end users to not really know or care about the tools!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why look at the empty half here... If a developer can tap a new market with minimum effort that would be great.... If windows turned out to be what Microsoft hope it to be, they can then invest in making a native app.

There is a big difference between Microsoft writing a native App or a Developer using the tools to properly port their App as opposed to normal users taking a leaked version of the tool and sideloading cracked apks to their devices.

I'm confident in believing no one at Microsoft, no indie developer, no development house - none of them are sitting back right now saying, "Wow. Users can take this method and bork my app and make it look bad, can sideload it without giving me any credit in the store for downloads, for payment, for proper credit with my ad revenue program, can risk their devices and potentially expose them to harm all while infringing on my intellectual property in any number of ways. Gosh, I think that is great and I must support it." Nope. Not what the repercussions of this leak are going to create as a reaction.

It puts the community in a bad light to see so many rushing to embrace this "methodology" without examining what it entails to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923