Project Astoria Tools Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Project Astoria Tools leaked on chinese website, allowing users to install Android apps. Recently Reker at Weibo.com(Chinese version of Twitter ) claimed that by cracking an app using Astoria technology and a android apk, he can install apps without any additional tools.
Later, some people released a leaked tool on a (Chinese Windows Phone forum)
LINK REDACTED for some reason

It does work.:amaze:

INSTRUCTIONS REDACTED

Moderator Note:

Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

We are taking a hard line on posting of links to these tools, direct or indirect. Please do not post links or directions in comments as you risk having the post deleted. Continued abuse of this rule may result in account termination.

This is such a big topic it would be a mistake to not allow a venue for discussing it - but we will not tolerate any links or directions in this thread.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Project Astoria Tools leaked,

Interesting...

turaga dume interesting.gif

I just got off the 10 preview a few days ago, all this ping-ponging will be the death of me.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

FYI, that "emulator-5554" has nothing to do with running an on-device emulator, but instead is referring to the device connection. If I'm remembering correctly, it shows that way when deploying Windows 10 UAP appx files from the command line too.

It's a native ARM implementation of an Android subsystem.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site

FYI, that "emulator-5554" has nothing to do with running an on-device emulator, but instead is referring to the device connection. If I'm remembering correctly, it shows that way when deploying Windows 10 UAP appx files from the command line too.

It's a native ARM implementation of an Android subsystem.
Thanks, I don't know about this command, so sorry if I am wrong.:)
Also, I've never used command line to deploy apps:( Always using IDEs and Tools).:amaze:

msanda

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
yep. they run. so far what I see is that when you run apps that require play store, it just redirects you to the windows store. also app install is very very slow... my guess is that the adp install is trying to recompile the app locally first and editing xml files before it uploads to the device.

msanda

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
So as off now. I have installed a couple of games, and some apps.. Basically it boils down to this. If the app requires google play services, The app will load but will fail to start displaying an error messages saying you need google play features. So apps like snapchat, hangout, gmail, gmaps will not work. Facebook works, and WhatsApp works. Starbucks app works. As far as performance, I am pretty stoked.. I am running this on a lumia 925 and it works better than some windows phone apps. There is a delay in scrolling performance for some apps that has the "inifinite" scroll. but nothing worse than some android phones. If this is the early work on what Microsoft is doing. I am really impressed so far. But I think google will start locking down apk access.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
okay having an issue. everything goes fine until I get this
"failed to copy 'App.apk' to '/data/local/tmp/App.apk' : permission denied"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members