Project Astoria Tools Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In that case you should consider removing any post related to Windows 10 Mobile and BlackBerry 10. These products blatantly infringe Oracle's patents with the implementation of Java APIs and in the case of W10, Apple's patents with the implementation of iOS APIs.

This community shouldn't allow users to discuss how to perform illegal activities such as getting and running W10 and BB10 products that include stolen IP.

Pete stated the Forum's policy very succinctly. The rules are in place for everybody, including the moderating staff, to abide by. Moderators should not have to remind members of what the rules are because the Terms and Conditions of membership clearly state that you have read these rules and agree to abide by them as a condition of membership. In other words, by not knowing the rules, you are, in effect, in violation of the rules. Openly challenging the staff is also a violation of the rules, but you should know that already since you read the forum rules. We, the Mods, are here to enforce Democracy, not practice it.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
* The ethics of apk piracy - "I have access to an apk file, therefore it's mine to do as I like" vis a vis "It's ok for me to steal someone's car now that someone's invented a trailer"

You are looking at this in the wrong direction.
As long as you either have a free (as in free to download/ no IAPs and is available from a repository/Play Store) there is no fault in doing so. You are simply side loading an archived copy for the application.
It like we are arguing about [insert any cuss word here] console emulators again.

Blackberry users even have to do the same and they even have a forum how to strip the Google Play Services from the xaps. Keep in mind that the forum is from MobileNations, the same company residing over Windows Central, CrackBerry, and Android Central. I didn't think we would have this issue here, let alone with DavidinCT, but I stand corrected.
Being a forum that is within itself and doesn't violate rules there, I'm posting the link here: http://forums.crackberry.com/androi...lay-services-914930/index82.html#post11842830

I can understand not allowing people to post instructions on where to get Astoria or how to install it. But to simply restrict us to discuss piracy is insane. Let us at least discuss what works, what is broken, and other things of that nature.

NUKE THE THREAD OR OPEN DISCUSSION UP.
THIS IS FROM A MOBILE NATIONS TRUSTED MEMBER + COMMENTS MODERATOR.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can understand not allowing people to post instructions on where to get Astoria or how to install it. But to simply restrict us to discuss piracy is insane. Let us at least discuss what works, what is broken, and other things of that nature.

We are allowing discussion, the Mod note on the OP clearly states that. We're simply not allowing links to access Project Astoria or instructions how to use or install it. The problem is that the conversation has turned from discussing the Project to discussing Mobile Nations policies. That would be the insanity you speak of since the policies are not open to debate.

Let's get back on topic.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We are allowing discussion, the Mod note on the OP clearly states that. We're simply not allowing links to access Project Astoria or instructions how to use or install it. The problem is that the conversation has turned from discussing the Project to discussing Mobile Nations policies. That would be the insanity you speak of since the policies are not open to debate.

Let's get back on topic.

Well, Sorry but, it's a valid question/ issue, I was given a warning for showing a link that apps work and with no details or directions in my post on HOW to, it was just saying what IS POSSIBLE my post got fully edited to remove anything of value.

It was clearly done by other mods (RumoredNow ), so if your policy is that, why is it so conflicting ?

If your going to set a Policy here then ALL MODS need to follow it.

I also would like this to go back on topic but, why bother posting anything of any value if you have a 85% chance of some mod coming by and just deleting everything you type ?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, Sorry but, it's a valid question/ issue, I was given a warning for showing a link that apps work and with no details or directions in my post on HOW to, it was just saying what IS POSSIBLE my post got fully edited to remove anything of value.

It was clearly done by other mods (RumoredNow ), so if your policy is that, why is it so conflicting ?

If your going to set a Policy here then ALL MODS need to follow it.

I also would like this to go back on topic but, why bother posting anything of any value if you have a 85% chance of some mod coming by and just deleting everything you type ?

It's not MY policy, it's Mobile Nations policy. But just as there are different interpretations of the laws done by REAL judges sitting on the bench, it's reasonable to assume the same could happen with one of us. As is the case in the legal systems of most industrialized nations, there are recourses available namely, an appeal. I really shouldn't be doing this as it's all in black & white.

This is the end of Mobile Nations policy discussion in public. Send a PM to James Falconer if you have any queries regarding our rules.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We've tried to allow you guys to openly talk about this while abiding by the rules that have been set out in the OP and throughout the thread. Given that it seems to be too difficult, this thread has run its course and will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre