Windows 10 "black screen".

myleswest

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
It looks like Windows 10 has destroyed my computer! I upgraded to Windows 10 and did not like it at all.
I took advantage of the option to switch back to Windows 7 but now since I tried to roll back to Windows 7
I have had a black screen with no desktop. I have to access all of my programs only through the Task Manager.
Have tried to install a legal copy of Windows 7 but it will not accept it or any back up files at all. Even through the Task Manager. If I try to locate a file a pop up window says "cannot find" or "not registered".
It seems when Windows 10 uninstalled itself it took a lot of system files with it
If anyone has any solutions please let me know. I live on a limited budget and cannot just go out and buy a new computer. Thanks Microsoft.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Either way around everybody will be forced to use Windows 10 at some point. There is no real reason to support old software. You need to adapt to new things and give them some time. I mean that in a positive good way.

To the point..

How did you try to install Windows 7? When at the black screen or when powering it up?
If you have the disc inside when
re/booting your PC there should be a text asking you If you want to do something or just continue.

Last edited:

myleswest

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Problem is solved fellas!

I managed to locate the emachines recovery management and clicked on "Factory Install".
Yay!!! I have my computer back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720