WP worth it for the long run?

Lanze Manao

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Sooo...
Going back to WP still worth it for the long run?

Im a big WP fan..
When the screen of my N8 got messed up.
I tried the lumia 520..
Then went to lumia 925..
Then 930.
Then 1520.

But because of the lack of application i got curious.
i wanted to try other platforms
So i sold my lumia 1520 then bought a 2nd hand g3.
I kinda enjoyed it. specially for the FB messenger.. also the camera.
but when i reset the phone.. The phone automatically locked
because it was stolen.. now im back to zero..

So now im planning on what to buy this year..

LG g4?
Or one of the upcoming WP phone?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you want in a phone really, if you like WP, now may not be the best time to decide you want out though. theres a lot of stuff going for it right now and could have a huge effect on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, you could go for a cheaper option of either to try. I'm going to stick around for the time being, but I have an old iPhone I'm playing with to see where then went since iOS 5. There's plenty of low-budget WP's and decent older flagships in Android land.

But Windows Phone isn't going anywhere yet. (I mean, it isn't going to get HP'ed probably. -knocks on wood-)

AkArora

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Right now, wait and watch mode. But I have been talking to majority of Android and iOS users, and people really dont care about WP now. I dont think market share is going to reach 10% anytime soon, even if the apps are available. People are too much invested in Android (majorly) to get out of it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The phone locked? Good to hear these kinds of mechanisms are in place for phones. Sorry about the loss of the 1520.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I'd say stick with WP. Given that you seem to be somewhere in East Asia, you seem to be in the hot spot for Android malware and of course the recently revealed Stagefright bug, which leaves millions of android devices open to being attacked by malware introduced by a malicious MMS message, which can even delete itself.

Put simply, I will never use an Android device or ever advise anyone else to. In my opinion Google are not trustworthy guardians of personal information in how they use it or how they fail to safeguard it.

Stay with Windows, some truly exciting and innovative things are about to happen.

Android 'Stagefright' exploit: What you need to know | Android Central

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with how many devices you've had, but I think my definition of "long run" might be a bit different than yours :) I've probably had my one Lumia 920 in the course of all these devices you listed, so yes, I plan on sticking with Windows Phone in the long run. I think the question is how long are you willing to wait for an upcoming Windows flagship? Chances are even if you get the G4 now, you could move on to a Windows flagship whenever those actually come out, or even have the luxury of waiting until they've been out a while and some used ones start hitting the market.

But I think if I were to even consider an Android (which I'm not likely to), the G4 would be at the top of my shopping list simply because of it's touted camera. So I don't think you'd go wrong there if you're fine with Android.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what you are looking for.
IF you do like the live tiles a lot and is less interested in having the latest apps go for WP. IF you must have all the app possibilities possible (and also the most updated apps from Microsoft) then you should buy an iOS/Android phone.

And, of course, how much do you need to get the most "bang for your bucks" (and is that "bang" performance, camera, status, live tiles or apps…?) ?

I'm using a L930 but my next phone will be running an OS that has the best versions of the apps I use most (Office and OneNote) so it looks like I will have to switch to an iPhone.

Last edited:

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Awesome Camera and FB messenger both are there. Since you have mentioned only 2 apps i assumed you relied heavily on these 2.
You can check apps you use on WP store and then make a decision if apps availability is the deciding factor. All the best !!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LG g4?
Or one of the upcoming WP phone?

Well, Windows Phone is in a changing period right now. If you buy a new phone NOW, you will get WP 8.1 and get a upgrade with some limits to Windows 10 Mobile.

If you WAIT, you can get a Windows Phone device will all the features of a newer WP 10 device (windows Hello, 32gb with MicroSD, etc). COuld be a moth or so but, I would bet 2-3 months (guessing)

But, I'll admit that LG G4 is a cool looking phone, wish they would put WP on that device and I might be tempted to dump Nokia...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss