Do you use full-screen start?

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea of Live Tiles, but I almost never seen them because of how I launch applications.

My most frequently used are launched from the taskbar; next up is hitting the Windows key and typing in a few letters. Finally, I have a number of shortcuts on my desktop.

In order to increase the visibility of Live Tiles, I began questioning why MS didn't allow them on the desktop as well as the start menu. I looked through the Feedback app and found several items related to this, but then I realized... A full-screen Start works effectively like the Desktop with live tiles.

So I enabled it and, I have to say, I'm relatively happy with it. It was much easier to get used to than I expected, to the point where I cleared off my desktop and moved all my shortcuts to Start.

Anyway, that's my experience, but what about you? Have you tried full-screen start? Do you like it, or hate it?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I used full screen start in 8.1 and liked it, now I use the normal smaller start screen menu in W10 and I'm quite happy.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I use it on my SP3, mainly as I can only get two rows of tiles (it's an SP3 issue as others have noted it) but also as I liked 8.1 on a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99