Windows 10 Problems

Armando Mineiro

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I :devil:upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 x64. I made sure to uninstall all unneeded programs before I began. well needless to say it didn?t go well at all. It hung up every time. and not only that it coudnt repair it self very weird. It. completed destroyed my Windows 7 operating system. I tried this at least 4 times with no success. i finally gave up and reinstalled Windows 7 which is much more staple. i also lost all my programs I depend on and have to install them all again. I expected more from Microsoft. Windows 10 on top of all the bugs is also very a very ugly interface. Microsoft your days are numbered. I will now switch to Apple. Oh by the way if you think I am just a consumer with no technical computer knowledge, think again, I am a computer and network engineer, So I think I know what I am talking about.

Geovani Sardagna

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I'm having the same experience. Recently upgraded from 7 to 10 and this thing is freezing. The whole thing. Like, when I'm not gaming, on the desktop, my whole PC freezes, whether I'm using it or just looking at it.
This is not supposed to be happen.
My PC is a desktop with a AMD Phenom II X6, 4GB RAM, SSD main drive. Certainly not supposed to be freezing and it was not with W7.

Sometimes it freezes and comes back, but sometimes it just freezes forever and I have to reset or turn off.

I hope someone here has a solution for me on this, for I don't need to revert to W7.

Please give me some hints.

Theodore Cleveland

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to 10 now my desktop just constantly flashes, I can't do anything except control alt delete for task mgr. nothing else works it's like a bad video driver or something. Also constantly acts like something is working in the background. Anybody have a suggestion on why this happening and how to fix it.

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to 10 now my desktop just constantly flashes, I can't do anything except control alt delete for task mgr. nothing else works it's like a bad video driver or something. Also constantly acts like something is working in the background. Anybody have a suggestion on why this happening and how to fix it.

What video card do you have? Can swap video card with legacy.
If you have integrated graphics try it.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
General observation. . .

I did an in-place upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was unreliable -- I didn't expect anything else. Rolled back to Windows 7 -- the rollback was also unreliable. I only performed the in-place install to "register" Windows 10. Did a clean install on a new SSD, and dual booted until I was comfortable with the install. This was my planned strategy all along.

I had a full backup of my Win7 install. Could have used that but was not looking back. It was insurance; nothing more.

It's a fools errand to expect that in-place upgrades are going to be flawless. It's another fools errand to expect a rollback to be flawless as well. Expect the best; plan for the worst.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It seems you are not so good on computers if you don't understand how upgrade works. you should not blame Microsoft and then say "I am switching to Apple" so why didn't you make a thread here? to complain and say that? then you could have switched and go to iMore and tell you story.

Anyway, some upgrades fail or are not stable because:
you installed alot of crap and it messed up with windows 7, then by upgrading Windows 10 had errors it couldn't fix. this applies also to drivers, you never know what will be supported and what not, that's a problems OEMs have, you could have really old hardware and then the driver wouldn't install correctly. You could easily try to get the drivers yourself, can you imagine 100% of people upgrading with sucess? that would be nice but it's a dream, because Windows 10 is controlled by so many OEMs and hardware companies that not even them update their driver database even if updates are available, so if you look for drivers it will say windows 8/7 and it never says 10 even if the drivers are compatible.

If you were technical and engineer and James Bond, you would know that clean install is the best thing to do, especially if you install a lot of things through the years. that can mess up with files. you could have run SFC /Scannow and see if it throws an error but I am sure you didn't. but then you blame Windows 10.

Explain me why Windows 10 doesn't have any bugs on my computer? (not important and visible ones that affect performance) and I am talking about a clean install on a desktop and upgrading a Laptop. tell me why? why people I have helped upgrading haven't complained about anything? well maybe if you were technical enough you would not complain and say "oh I am going to switch to Apple" like if someone cared. maybe you would upgrade fine your computer, and you would not expect an upgrade to work always perfect and if you upgraded and nothing works, why didn't you just clean installed Windows 10? again, anyone knows that it's the only way of having the best experience because while laptop upgraded fine, I understand there are millions of PC and laptop configurations around the world and nothing can be 100% success. not even on your beloved super apple, just saying.

Also you say interface is ugly? I am sorry but it looks perfectly fine for me, it looks really amazing on my eyes, so it's just your opinion, and millions of millions of people keep installing upgrades everyday, or do you think those millions reported went back to 8 or 7? it doesn't have anything to do with the way Windows works or not, and you could have seen in many videos or photos the Interface before you upgraded (or complained about it).

You are nothing, from the millions upgrading so I am sorry to tell you but Windows 10 is a success nad it will reach millions of millions soon, and I am talking about new computers and tablets, not only people upgrading. also Business in next years will upgrade to Windows 10 so your hopes about Microsoft dying, are just a dream, like 100% upgrades success for everyone.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I :devil:upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 x64. I made sure to uninstall all unneeded programs before I began. well needless to say it didn’t go well at all. It hung up every time. and not only that it coudnt repair it self very weird. It. completed destroyed my Windows 7 operating system. I tried this at least 4 times with no success. i finally gave up and reinstalled Windows 7 which is much more staple. i also lost all my programs I depend on and have to install them all again. I expected more from Microsoft. Windows 10 on top of all the bugs is also very a very ugly interface. Microsoft your days are numbered. I will now switch to Apple. Oh by the way if you think I am just a consumer with no technical computer knowledge, think again, I am a computer and network engineer, So I think I know what I am talking about.

how did you update?

did the windows 10 icon pop up and told you your installation is ready?

or did you use the download tool from Microsofts website?

Chandra R

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
type eventvwr in search,open event viewer app,under windows logs,open application.
It will show display error message(process name) causing to freeze.
Stop that process/services from task manager.
It worked for me.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I :devil:upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 x64. I made sure to uninstall all unneeded programs before I began. well needless to say it didn’t go well at all. It hung up every time. and not only that it coudnt repair it self very weird. It. completed destroyed my Windows 7 operating system. I tried this at least 4 times with no success. i finally gave up and reinstalled Windows 7 which is much more staple. i also lost all my programs I depend on and have to install them all again. I expected more from Microsoft. Windows 10 on top of all the bugs is also very a very ugly interface. Microsoft your days are numbered. I will now switch to Apple. Oh by the way if you think I am just a consumer with no technical computer knowledge, think again, I am a computer and network engineer, So I think I know what I am talking about.

So... You didn't create a backup? Oh well then moving along.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I used the download tool from Microsoft website. I upgraded 1 desktop and 4 laptops. @ were on Windows 8.1 and 3 were on windows 7.

Everything went great . One windows 7 laptop hung and had to start over a few times but it eventually took.

I would suggest you do all windows updates before attempting to update to 10. I also suggest turning your virus protection completely off.

Should you have problem with the updates not downloading try this:

1. Open up command prompt as admin
2. Run command .. net stop wuauserv
3. Delete files within c:\windows\softwaredistribution\downloads\
4. Run command .. net start wuauserv
5 Do a Windows Update.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members