Way to enable "Windows Spotlight" lockscreen?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
On my Surface 3 I've been getting really stunning lock screen photos as part of Windows Spotlight. Much nicer than anything from the Bing photos. I wanted to add that to my desktop but I don't seem to get that choice there in lockscreen settings.

Is there a trick to enabling this or it is a Surface 3 feature?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't have Windows Spolight on a single one of my devices which include a dell XPS desktop, Dell Inspiron Laptop, and a Surface Pro 2 all running Windows 10. I really wish I had the ability to at least give it a try.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It has been removed from the feature set for the current build. It is interesting that you still have it in your surface. Are you in the insider program? Probably Microsoft is still experimenting with it and they don't want to roll it out just yet.

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
It has been removed from the feature set for the current build. It is interesting that you still have it in your surface. Are you in the insider program? Probably Microsoft is still experimenting with it and they don't want to roll it out just yet.

I upgraded a laptop with Windows 10 Home and spotlight is there. On my other laptop than ran all the technical/insider preview builds, spotlight was missing from the last two or three builds and is not present and it is running Windows 10 Pro.
From a few searches on the web it seems Spotlight is available in 10 Home but not 10 Pro :( The Surface 3 runs the Home version I believe, my sister's Surface Pro 3 has the Pro version and doesn't have it...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was thinking it was a home vs pro thing. From what I was reading MS plans to use it to feature or sell things. So it makes sense that it might not be in pro. But for now the pictures are really beautiful! I can't wait for my lock screen to come up and see what's there, lol.

I hate nasty ads but if they keep that level of quality for a sales pitch I'm up for it still.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, went to send it to feedback and it looks like there is already a hundred + votes on the topic. Supposedly pro is the only version it isn't in, which seems odd.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Not true. Plenty of Windows 10 home 10240 RTM devices have spotlight.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the correction. Running 3 pro devices. I guess it has been removed from only the pro version which had it on earlier insider builds.

Yes unfortunately I have all pro devices as well. It doesn't make sense why they would take that features out of pro. I thought pro was only supposed to ADD features.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes unfortunately I have all pro devices as well. It doesn't make sense why they would take that features out of pro. I thought pro was only supposed to ADD features.

One of tje main features in spotlight is the fact that they can add ads to the lockscreen. As such, not having ads is a plus. But to me, the pictures are cool. And it is an optional feature that can be turned off.

I still think that it will comeback to poor once it is fully implemented. But this is a complete guess from my side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077