Multiple Accounts Cortana sign in fail (Windows 10)

Menebrio

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So I upgraded to windows 10. At first I set up my outlook account as default for everything, but due to some regional BS from Microsoft when trying to complete Xbox Purchases, I had to work with an old gamertag (Hotmail account) for Xbox Live. Therefore, I had to erase my outlook account, as all apps, games, xbox app would by default link to an inexistent xbox profile. I was able to then switch my games (Halo Spartan Assaults ect) and xbox app with my Hotmail. Even though both accounts, Hotmail & outlook are linked to the profile, Cortana is not synced with either. I have a windows phone, and my outlook account is my main sync there.

I set up Cortana, put my name and sync the account, but when I hit enter after detailing the outlook account password the window simply closes and she prompts me to sign in with an ms account again. Anyone have any solutions?

Microsoft really should add an account manage center so you can choose different profiles for different apps.

DIV360

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This fix worked for me :

1. Run Regedit. ( Widnows Key + R )
2. Goto this key:
?HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentitie
3. You should see a key entry for your MS account for at least one of the accounts you setup
4. Delete all accounts from this key.
5. Launch Cortana and enter the account you want to use. everything should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss