About android apps and the store

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that there is a way once the Android port crap starts flooding the store (Unfortunately, which means there goes quality even more) that there is a way for us to be able to tell which are Android crap and which are the native windows. I'd prefer not to install anything android related on my phone.

I suppose the best way to tell the difference would be to see which are universal...but imagine there may be some native developers that may only target mobile vs universal(if Microsoft hasn't annoyed them to give up on the platform that is). So I hope it'll be to tell.

I've already seen a few apps on Windows 10 store that I believe are IOs/Android only and that bothers me because it appears the windows store is starting to look like android store(and that is not good).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that there is a way once the Android port crap starts flooding the store (Unfortunately, which means there goes quality even more) that there is a way for us to be able to tell which are Android crap and which are the native windows. I'd prefer not to install anything android related on my phone.

If you can't tell, who cares? :eek:rly: So far Android apps that require Play services do not work on WP. If an app doesn't require Play services, then it should have no connection to Google.

I've already seen a few apps on Windows 10 store that I believe are IOs/Android only and that bothers me because it appears the windows store is starting to look like android store(and that is not good).

The Store is not the greatest thing either. In my opinion, if Microsoft's store looked like Android's it would be an upgrade.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you can't tell, who cares? :eek:rly: So far Android apps that require Play services do not work on WP. If an app doesn't require Play services, then it should have no connection to Google.

Because I want nothing android/google related on my phone regardless if it uses play services or not and I want to make sure I am supporting native developers as I've always have :p

The Store is not the greatest thing either. In my opinion, if Microsoft's store looked like Android's it would be an upgrade.

You use a Nexus 6 so your opinion kind of is pointless as it is expected you'd say that :D

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Because I want nothing android/google related on my phone regardless if it uses play services or not and I want to make sure I am supporting native developers as I've always have :p

I understand that, but I think your perspective is a bit warped. If an app doesn't have Play services then it is not related to Google. It would essentially be similar to not using a WP app because it is also on Android.

You use a Nexus 6 so your opinion kind of is pointless as it is expected you'd say that :D

Actually I use both. And as an avid user of both platforms I consider myself fully qualified to pass that judgement. You trash talk the iPhone (while using it lol!) while praising WP, so I would expect your response as well! :smile: And there are plenty of Google-hating Microsoft-loving fans who would side with me! :wink:

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand that, but I think your perspective is a bit warped. If an app doesn't have Play services then it is not related to Google. It would essentially be similar to not using a WP app because it is also on Android.

I already use WIndows Phone apps that are on Android as well. That is not the same thing. Most of the apps(at least present) also keep a WIndows Phone esque feel and are not direct ports that clash with the design language.

Actually I use both. And as an avid user of both platforms I consider myself fully qualified to pass that judgement. You trash talk the iPhone (while using it lol!) while praising WP, so I would expect your response as well! :smile: And there are plenty of Google-hating Microsoft-loving fans who would side with me! :wink:

I personally find the play store unattractive and convoluted.....I actually like the Windows 10 store...That being said I believe the app store on IOS is the best and far easier to navigate personally.

I trash talked the iPhone? I made complaints about various things I disliked(Mainly apple's Our way or no way mentality) that I could do on Windows Phone. I don't necessarily dislike iPhone...I dislike being forced into one direction and having little choice :D

As I said, you are a fan of google as per your device use so your opinion is biased :p I am sure there are many Microsoft fans who would also agree with me :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am sure there are many Microsoft fans who would also agree with me :)

Find them! :evil: Do you ever see Android users wishing they had WP's Store?

Apps are the single biggest complaint about WP, and are the primary reason given for WP's failure to take off. If the Store is better than the Play Store, then why is Microsoft going to so much work to make Android apps available on WP? Evidently even Microsoft agrees with me!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My initial thought was that it would probably be easy to tell from the UI of the app but with Microsoft adopting similar UI elements like the *beloved* hamburger menu it may come down to downloading it yourself and trying it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I sell phones/Microsoft related stuff....

Apps are not the biggest complaint.....because in most cases, presently, MOST apps that do matter are here and those that aren't....well shrug....

The next complaint is you can't customize it...then you'll soon see Microsoft further ruining Windows Phone with allowing OEMs to add custom UI tweaks....we've already seen it with M8 windows and that ugly dot view case.

People also dislike the tiles....cue Windows 11 Mobile....Back to old school icons lmfao.

After all, we've seen them basically kill Metro off now :p

Microsoft basically throws whatever at the wall and hope it sticks, which is why they have the failures they do :p
Find them! :evil: Do you ever see Android users wishing they had WP's Store?

Apps are the single biggest complaint about WP, and are the primary reason given for WP's failure to take off. If the Store is better than the Play Store, then why is Microsoft going to so much work to make Android apps available on WP? Evidently even Microsoft agrees with me!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My initial thought was that it would probably be easy to tell from the UI of the app but with Microsoft adopting similar UI elements like the *beloved* hamburger menu it may come down to downloading it yourself and trying it.
LOL I said the same thing earlier and then I was like 'well we already have hamburgers on windows apps so i'll never know the difference now." LMAO

The hamburger doesn't bother me too much like it does some people though I do miss the old app design and navigation we had before. Much better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs