Project Astoria and Android Wear

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Consider this wishful thinking, but with the Project Astoria would it be possible to use Android Wear devices like the Moto 360 with Windows 10 Mobile? I imagine there are still compatibility issues but would love to pair a nicer smart watch with my phone. Or will Windows 10 have better smart watch compatibility in general to sync with devices like the Pebble, etc?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I would be super impressed if they have mapped Bluetooth out of the Android subsystem into WP. Not something I would bet on today but not totally impossible for the future.

WM10 has a new Bluetooth stack shared with the desktop so it should be better. Time will tell...

JohnPT

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Google Play services works on Windows Phone via Astoria. I'd just like to find out if the bluetooth stack works. I'm also an avid fan of the Moto 360 but dread the idea of going back to Android for a phone just for that...

Regards,
John

anon(185988)

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure it would work better natively in Windows compared to iOS if Google actually wanted it to work. Wish that I had thought to try it when I was able to sideload Android apps on W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz