Why does my audio device and video camera/microphone device keep losing functionality?

Dan Harvell1

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Audio device and video camera/microphone device keep losing functionality.

I have a Creative Labs Professional (E-MU) 1616m PCIe audio system (which includes the E-MU 0404 PCIe sound card) and my video camera / microphone is a Creative Labs Live! Sync HD webcam. Without warning, the system will lose sight of the webcam (indicated by the webcam's activity light going dark). At that same time, I will lose audio, as well. To restore both, the webcam and audio, I have to uninstall and reinstall the E-MU PatchMix DSP software (NOT the audio drivers, mind you, but rather the mixing application for the E-MU sound system). When the PatchMix software is reinstalled, I regain BOTH - the audio system AND the webcam. Oddly, the PatchMix application has nothing to do with the webcam, in terms of control. To add to the issue, when the audio system and webcam have been restored, when I attempt to use Cortana with the "Hey Cortana" voice command, Cortana will briefly open, then crash before any input can be made. All subsequent uses of "Hey Cortana" results in similar crash. I'm not sure if these issues are related, or what is going on, but if anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them. I am at a loss!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster