Stop iTunes on start up

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
re:

Remove Itunes Helper fromstartup using ccleaner, if you cannot find an entry I suspect your PC is infected.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
re:

Look for an ITunes entry is the Services Control Panel.

Run | services.msc

If you find it, right click to open the properties, halt the service, then disable it.

johnson_patrickw

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

No iTunes entry in the services control panel. Compared with a different PC that I did a fresh install of Windows 10 this morning and the only program I added was iTunes, it doesn't automatically start on this second PC.

johnson_patrickw

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

Still shows iTunes helper as disabled in start up tab. That's the only Apple related entry. I uninstalled several "helper" programs that piggybacked with iTunes and that seems to have resolved the problem, though its strange this is the only machine that this occurs on.

OptimusGREEN

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
re:

I believe it has something to do with Plex, do you have it installed? if so go to iTunes preferences/advanced and click the share iTunes xml box. see how you get on.

johnson_patrickw

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

Just realized yesterday when I upgraded my Plex install that it is indeed a Plex related issue. Odd considering I don't have any of the iTunes options enabled in Plex. So strange. Your solution worked perfectly!

Nebrok

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
re:

I found a fix:
"Go to your iTunes Preferences > Advanced and set the option Share iTunes Library XML with other applications. This fixed it for me. Finally! It was driving me insane!!!"
for more search "iTunes starts automatically at startup on Windows 10" at superuser [dot] com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)