Will I be able to upgrade from the French Win 7 SP1 to English Win10?

m1cha3l_57

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Upgrade from french Win 7 SP1 to english Win10

I will be upgrading my french Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to Windows 10 this weekend using the Win10 ISO. Will I be able to upgrade to the English version of Windows 10 Home?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgrade from french Win 7 SP1 to english Win10

You won't be able to exactly upgrade per say I have heard, you upgrade but you do it without keeping the settings or programs, so you take the free offer but since you are changing language it will not be able to do a great upgrade.
Last time someone was installing windows 10 es_MX over his spanish es_es version as an upgrade, he showed a screenshot how the upgrade would not be able to upgrade settings and applications because it wasn't the same language since he had es_es as (any spanish version before windows 10), but he wanted to install the new added windows 10 es_mx version.

aren't able to download language packages on Home version? if you have programs you are lazy to reinstall you could upgrade from french to french and download a language pack of English. but if you don't mind starting from zero, you could always upgrade but it will tell you how it's a different language and you won't be able to keep settings and such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786