I have Windows 10 and no internet connection, what should I do?

W

WPCentral Question

Windows 10 and no internet connection

my new laptop came with windows 10; I also bought a AC router. I have the internet on my other laptop and my two smart TV's, but nothing on the new lap top except the error message there is no valid IP configuration .
I have disabled share Wi-Fi, rebooted the router numerous times, In the network and sharing center, where it should say home network, it says unidentifed network and under that public network. In the next box over it has the ssid of my router and something else which makes it look like it's connected. If you click on the internet symbol in the taskbar it opens to say limited.

Don't know what to do next.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 and no internet connection

You may have an incompatible Anti-virus software installed or possibly a 3rd party firewall installed that isn't playing nice with Windows 10. Try uninstalling or disabling those, then try your internet connection again.

Also, there could be an issue with your driver for your hardware that connects you to the internet. Try uninstalling and re-installing a new version of the driver.

Please see the thread How-to Get Started with Windows 10 which will give you links to further ways to troubleshoot your possible issue.

If you still are unable to overcome this issue, please register for an account and return to post in this same thread so that we can assist you further with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro