groove music not recognizing xbox music pass

181iq

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have an Xbox Music Pass, however, when I I chose to access any new contract. I am only presented with the option to purchase.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
How many devices do you use the music pass on, there is a limit of 4 so a phone, desktop, laptop and tablet, if you try to use another device it would stop you using it.

Just for the record and Xbox One doesn't count as it only streams (Not sure if this will change when it goes to 10).

Not saying that is the problem, but it's worth checking, so "Settings" and "Manage my devices".

Sorry just re-read your post, ignore all of that.

You are in the STORE, that is where you buy music, you need to search for music in the "Groove" app, that is where you can add to collection, there is already a thread about this.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can't just download music in the groove app. At least on mobile. When you try to get more content, it opens the store, which has yet to recognize my subscription. I chalked it up to being a testing os currently.

djstyles97

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this is the case. There's a few albums I have wanted to download on my phone with my Xbox/Groove music pass but there is no option to do it.

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Same here.
Recently, Groove recognized and downloaded a small percentage of my steaming collection from my Pass and part of one of my playlists.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The app crashes whenever I leave it open with the screen time out turned off, and hasn't downloaded anymore of my playlists or steaming collection.

Hmoll1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on 10512. That is, Groove will only let me purchase, not "Download". Must be a bug.

Workaround: Download the album you want on your PC (or your other Windows 8 phone) and "Add to Collection" and it will download to your Windows 10 10512 phone. I did that. I had to restart the Groove on my 10512 phone. A few seconds later, that newly added-to-collection album downloaded to my phone.
I restarted the Groob

Rohith Srivathsava

May 7, 2014
Visit site
You people must be using groove,right? So, does it show the albums downloaded from the mix radio app? Why because,for me groove isn't recognising the albums downloaded from mix radio,it shows them in songs list but not in the album folder.Any reason as to why it is like that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss