New concept with multitasking for Windows 10 Mobile

Milind Panchal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
New concept with multitasking for windows 10 Mobile

I was randomly surfing windows user voice site and i saw Windows 10 Concept - Multitasking support!

Clicked on the link and boom, it is awesomely build concept in which windows mobile can be in competitive with android and blackberry....yes blackberry....It has very good multitasking UI.

Here is the link for user voice where you can vote

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7591509-windows-10-concept-multitasking-support

And link for concept UI

https://stampsy.com/user/30902/latest/13072

Kaantje

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: New concept with multitasking for windows 10 Mobile

wooww, your concept is really good!!! If Microsoft would make your concept they would be even better than android.. It seems more simple than windows 10 now... I hope that Microsoft would see it!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Before anyone votes, please note that the what you are voting on is a link to a web page that is subject to change or even disappear. It could get a lot of votes and MS have no idea what anyone voted for because that page was taken down. I can't believe the person creating the vote wouldn't even state what was being voted on.

Not to mention that if people are willing to vote for something that isn't even mentioned on the actual "ballot", someone WILL use that technique to garner a bunch of votes and then completely change what the linked page says to some unpopular pet project.

Don't sign a blank check and don't vote for something with no way to know what you end up voting for.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Some of the stuff is neat sure. Like I really loved the potato. But honestly a lot of the stuff is already slated to be in there. The concept of having multiple users on a phone is a bit odd in an age where everyone has phones. It could help enterprise I guess, but with enterprise the authentication method like iris scan could get the phone profile straight from the enterprise server. So this means any user can sign on not just the ones created on the phone.

The modern toggles don't look as nice in my opinion, even google has gone with the ios style toggles. I think there should be some things that are considered "standards" in mobile OS design. This way people can flip between them easier. Then all you have to do is add features that are unique. And not have to worry about users trying to figure out the other stuff.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

You see that awesome concept?
Well Windows 10 is nothing like that!

Milind Panchal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Before anyone votes, please note that the what you are voting on is a link to a web page that is subject to change or even disappear. It could get a lot of votes and MS have no idea what anyone voted for because that page was taken down. I can't believe the person creating the vote wouldn't even state what was being voted on.

Not to mention that if people are willing to vote for something that isn't even mentioned on the actual "ballot", someone WILL use that technique to garner a bunch of votes and then completely change what the linked page says to some unpopular pet project.

Don't sign a blank check and don't vote for something with no way to know what you end up voting for.

You want to say that microsoft own uservoice for windows phone website is fake....
Check windows central article for more update on the uservoice websites. The article was posted 10 of August only.

Milind Panchal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Some of the stuff is neat sure. Like I really loved the potato. But honestly a lot of the stuff is already slated to be in there. The concept of having multiple users on a phone is a bit odd in an age where everyone has phones. It could help enterprise I guess, but with enterprise the authentication method like iris scan could get the phone profile straight from the enterprise server. So this means any user can sign on not just the ones created on the phone.

The modern toggles don't look as nice in my opinion, even google has gone with the ios style toggles. I think there should be some things that are considered "standards" in mobile OS design. This way people can flip between them easier. Then all you have to do is add features that are unique. And not have to worry about users trying to figure out the other stuff.

I agree with multiple users is biit odd.
Modern toggles is the way from windows phone 7 , also that is the uniqueness windows phone has for some features where they do not want to be same as others. On the features part i don't think MS is going to add this kind of features where UI is cooler and multitasking will be easier with notifications on action center. Take a look at yesterday's new build , its nothing like windows phone 7 or 8.1 , the app list is the ugliest i have ever encountered, its more like china phones....yes here in India the market is flooded with china phones and the menu is horrible.....& MS is heading that way....its my opinion....I might be wrong also...

Milind Panchal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

wooww, your concept is really good!!! If Microsoft would make your concept they would be even better than android.. It seems more simple than windows 10 now... I hope that Microsoft would see it!

Glad you like it...but the concept is not mine.....and yes if MS wants the users and developers to use windows phone OS then they have to be cooler and feature rich and also intuitive.... :grin:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

You want to say that microsoft own uservoice for windows phone website is fake....
Check windows central article for more update on the uservoice websites. The article was posted 10 of August only.
What are you talking about? Do you think people who read this thread will believe something so false?

The feature suggestion is nothing but this:

This beautiful concept here http://stampsy.com/user/30902/latest/13072 demonstrates the potential for multitasking on Windows phone. Please do something like this!

All someone can vote for is what happens to be on that external link at the time they vote. That link is NOT to anything Microsoft controls. So if that web page gets taken down there is NO record of what anyone voted for. Or in a situation like this, if the person who owns that page wants to joke or sees a bunch of votes and wants to steal them for some other purpose all they would have to do is change that page and your vote changes from what you THOUGHT you were voting for to something else entirely. As I said, don't sign a blank check and don't vote and let someone fill in what you voted for later. It's just common sense that the suggestion in user voice actually state what the vote is for.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen that concept page before and didn't think much of it (a little too Googlish) but now it looks like art compared to the bland and uninspired stuff MS has done with Windows 10.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I agree with multiple users is biit odd.
Modern toggles is the way from windows phone 7 , also that is the uniqueness windows phone has for some features where they do not want to be same as others. On the features part i don't think MS is going to add this kind of features where UI is cooler and multitasking will be easier with notifications on action center. Take a look at yesterday's new build , its nothing like windows phone 7 or 8.1 , the app list is the ugliest i have ever encountered, its more like china phones....yes here in India the market is flooded with china phones and the menu is horrible.....& MS is heading that way....its my opinion....I might be wrong also...

I think the app list is actually good. Do you own a google/ios phone? On my android when I install so many apps i'm looking through them like crazy to try to find what I want and then have to move it to home page by holding it, but if it falls nooo. Seriously it's tough to find what you want when it's all just there. An alternative could be detailed view, which is what we have now, and possibly a category view. This would be alphabetized and each letter would contain the apps laid out across the screen in a grid like fashion. So letter A will have grid like fashion of apps, letter b, etc.. And if you click on a letter you can jump to one. So this should be a toggle option much like control panel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12