Windows 10 error C1900101 - 20006. Help me to fix this error

Jennifer Dsouza

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have acer laptop with windows 7, I downloaded Windows 10 thrice and it shows the same error C1900101 - 20006. It takes 7 to 8 hours just to download and once it is done, it starts to upgrade. But before it completes the entire procedure the laptop gets shut down and when i restart, it restores back to windows 7.

How to fix this error. I tried thrice to upgrade but failed. Can anyone help me to fix this error? Would be more appreciate.

Daniil Sintsov

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
You know, i have same problem. Notebook Acer, windows 7, and after finish of instalation it restore on windows 7. Maybe its problem of Acer Notebooks? Oh, i reading now, what acer aspire can't upgrade now on windows 10. Need to wait.

Last edited:

cottens

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I had an identical problem with a Toshiba Satellite laptop i.e. machine would power itself down during the installation phase and then my previous Windows 7 OS would be restored when the machine was powered back up.

After reading MANY different potential solutions my problem ended up simply being that the machine was overheating presumably due to the high disk / processor tasks during installation.

After failing to upgrade 4 times I simply placed my laptop in a position where I could have a cheap fan blow cool air to the underside of my laptop during the entire installation phase. I did not make any other changes to the installation process that had failed the previous times.

The Windows 10 upgrade finally completed successfully without any additional problems.

I hope this helps some of you out there.

Regards,
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos