Bluetooth Audio Devices

anon(5671481)

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello:

This is a very minor issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth audio devices.

I have a laptop with (3) Bluetooth audio devices set up to be used. They work just fine.

The issue I am having is that I just want to run (1) of those devices and not all 3 at the same time.

They are set up in different rooms to listen to music, but all 3 will turn on and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off 2 of the devices.

I could do this very easily with Windows 7, but cannot figure out a way with Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maxdout38

Last edited:

dermbrian

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Right mouse click on the little speaker icon in the system tray. Select "Playback Devices". Then make sure only the desired Bluetooth speaker is selected.

This drove me totally crazy until I saw a post on another forum. The ability to choose what to connect to should be under "Bluetooth" settings, not just under the audio devices. Easy once you know it, but who would think of trying that???

Let me know if that works for you.

Brian

anon(5671481)

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Right mouse click on the little speaker icon in the system tray. Select "Playback Devices". Then make sure only the desired Bluetooth speaker is selected.

This drove me totally crazy until I saw a post on another forum. The ability to choose what to connect to should be under "Bluetooth" settings, not just under the audio devices. Easy once you know it, but who would think of trying that???

Let me know if that works for you.

Brian

Thank you Brian, that did it.

However, 2 of the 3 devices are giving me choppy play of music.

The music is coming from the server (ethernet) in the house.

The laptop is wireless.

Thanks for the tip.

Now onto part 2!

Thanks again

David
(Maxdout38)

CORRECTION: We are good working everywhere in the house!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12