Windows 10 finally downloaded and now I have no sound at all, how can I get it back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 finally downloaded and now I have no sound at all

I am using Logitech Z-Cinema speakers on an HP desktop computer.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 finally downloaded and now I have no sound at all

It's all well and good that you have Logitech Z-Cinema Speakers but we need to know what sound card you have to help you sort the problem out.

MichelleSF

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

I also have downloaded Windows 10 and my sound only works intermittently. Sometimes when I plug in my ear buds the sound comes through the computer speakers. Most of the time there is just no sound. When I check my Device Manager for what type of Sound Card I have, it says IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and under that it says Intel (R) Display Audio. How can I fix this and have sound like I did before Windows 10?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I also have downloaded Windows 10 and my sound only works intermittently. Sometimes when I plug in my ear buds the sound comes through the computer speakers. Most of the time there is just no sound. When I check my Device Manager for what type of Sound Card I have, it says IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and under that it says Intel (R) Display Audio. How can I fix this and have sound like I did before Windows 10?

You could try the following, found on the Microsoft Communities website, as IDT Sound Hardware seems to have issues with Windows 10:

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa