Since upgrading to Win 10 I don't seen to be able to search. When I type something into the "Search the web and Windows" box, I get the following message, "We can't connect to web search right now but you can still search your stuff. Make sure you are currently connected to the internet." I am connected to the internet as my web browsers all work and so does my email client, Outlook. If I go into Network and Internet|Ethernet, the Local Area Connection icon displays "Connected" under it. If I click on "Network and Sharing Center" under "View you active networks" it says "You are currently not connected to any networks." If I click on "Set up a new connection or network" and then choose a connection option of "Connect to the Internet" and then the "Next" button, I get a message "You are already connected to the Internet" ?????
    08-12-2015 06:19 PM
    I have exactly the same issue as your having, cortana won't work for me anyway for some reason even though its supported in my region, but more annoying is like yourself the standard search doesn't work either, just says im not connected to the internet when i am!
    08-29-2015 12:42 PM
    I had this problem for months and finally fixed with regedit allowing permissions for network
    12-13-2015 09:29 PM