Windows 10 errors, can I get some help with a fix?

PBV7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 errors

Upgraded my dell laptop to windows 10.Initially store and windows update were working well. Now most of the core apps seems to be broken. Xbox fails to load, store doesn't open at all, no email notifications. Tried removing Microsoft account and resynced still not able to open Xbox or store. Also windows update is stuck at 0% from past 3-4 days. Please help.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 errors

what I do to fix any Windows update problem is to stop the service, go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete DataStore. and reboot and check updates again. also I run the fix windows update troubleshooter. I don't know if that will help to the Store problem where updates get stuck or strange.

if it doesn't work, you could SFC /SCANNOW

and if it doesn't work you could reinstall the Windows 10 store. first create a restore point.
Then there is a way I saw it on internet, you go to powershell as admin,

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\xxxxxxxxx\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

the xxxxxxxxx are the name of the package on program files Windows apps. if you have something like XYplorer you can run as admin to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and search for the name of Windows store and such. in my case.

Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

so it would be:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

it should reinstall it, or restore it if you deleted it. I have never tried this method, I only searched to see if I found a solution for an eventually reinstall of apps since some aren't available on store so you can try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234