Problems with Guest Account

Chev512

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
There is no option to enable the Guest account in Control Panel, and Local Users and Groups is missing from Computer Management, so I can't enable it from these places. What is the reason for this? Also, when I was on Windows 8.1, I had this same problem.

I tried enabling the guest account using net user guest /active:yes in command prompt. This worked, and I am able to log into the account. However, when I log in, the desktop keeps reloading about every 2 seconds. When I sign out out of the account using Ctrl+Alt+Del and clicking "Sign Out", I get an error about explorer.exe. The Guest account was working fine on Windows 8.1.

I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language.

Thanks for the help.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want to use the session interactively (interface with the desktop) why not create your own "guest" account as a limited user?

Chev512

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If you want to use the session interactively (interface with the desktop) why not create your own "guest" account as a limited user?

I actually thought of this, but is there any benefit of creating my own account rather than using the one that's already there (apart from fixing the reloading desktop problem, if it does).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes