As the topic states,

How does one pin a FILE (eg. excel/word/powerpoint) to the start menu?

I saw some tricks for Windows 8 about pasting the file in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" but this does not work.

It is very annoying having to pin an entire folder when I can just pin the file.
    08-14-2015 08:24 AM
    This, to me, is the worst thing about the "Start Menu". I don't know why there are such restrictions about adding items. "All Apps" is certainly not all the programs on my PC. I feel we should be able to add things that aren't there, and I'd include frequently accessed files as something I would like to add. For example, I have a Google Drive spreadsheet that is all of our household bills. Why can't I add that spreadsheet to the start menu? Why can't I add little utilities that I've collected over the years? Why can't I add a batch file? Hopefully someone will come up with a way to do so, but it shouldn't really take more than a right click, IMHO.
    08-14-2015 01:14 PM
    This, to me, is the worst thing about the "Start Menu". I don't know why there are such restrictions about adding items. "All Apps" is certainly not all the programs on my PC. I feel we should be able to add things that aren't there, and I'd include frequently accessed files as something I would like to add. For example, I have a Google Drive spreadsheet that is all of our household bills. Why can't I add that spreadsheet to the start menu? Why can't I add little utilities that I've collected over the years? Why can't I add a batch file? Hopefully someone will come up with a way to do so, but it shouldn't really take more than a right click, IMHO.
    Hopefully....
    08-14-2015 02:18 PM