How do I remove an Error Message in Windows Edge?

midsm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
When I start Windows Edge,a message pops up
"This site says...
Windows Firewall Security Damaged!!!
A suspicious Connection was trying to Access Your Logins, Banking Details & Tracking Your Internet Activity.
Windows Security Center & Firewall Services are Disabled, Error code 0x800704c;.
Your TCP Connection was Blocked by your Firewall. Your Accounts May be Suspended Until You Take Action.
Your Personal Information May Have Leaked. IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED
Your Hard Disk May Have Trojan Virus! Please Do Not Try To Fix Manually, it May Crash Your Data.
Please Visit Your Nearest Windows Service Center OR Call Help Desk"
How do I get rid of this and/or start Edge? I am using Google Chrome instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
sounds suspicious. sounds like it may be a phishing scheme.
if you can, click ok. click the X to close the window. if asked if you want to
leave this page, click yes. close all open tabs if any and as a precaution, run a
full scan of your computer.

midsm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I click ok but nothing happens. When you say run a full scan, with which program? I've scanned with Windows Defender and nothing is found.

midsm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I click ok but nothing happens. When you say run a full scan, with which program? I've scanned with Windows Defender and nothing is found. To close Edge I must use Task Manager.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I click ok but nothing happens. When you say run a full scan, with which program? I've scanned with Windows Defender and nothing is found. To close Edge I must use Task Manager.
have you tried to close the window that pops up when you start edge? if not, try that.
if yes, try again to use the above mentioned way again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs