Just realised: Developers can now give away their Apps/Games! (+ Giveaway)

dehodev

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago I looked into the new Developer Portal from Microsoft. Low and behold, they improved a lot of features (and went backwards in a few others, but that is a different story)

Now developers can create "Promo Codes", these codes can be created for apps or for in app purchases. First they need to order them from Microsoft, which doesn't take long. You can order up to 250 codes every 6 months. Each code you get is valid and can be redeemed for 6 months.
For each code you receive a simple link, that you can send to someone.
The receiver just clicks the link (might have to log in to their Microsoft Account) and just needs to click one more confirm button and they own the app.

The app / inapp product can then be downloaded from the store (if the trial is already installed, the user might still have to go to the store to active the app license, at least on Wp8.1)

Why is this awesome for developers?
There are so many cases where this is awesome:
First, a developer doesn't have to buy his own app anymore!
Second, family and friends don't have to buy you app anymore you can just give it to them!
Third, you can give beta testers the app for free as a thank you!
And of cause you can give codes to people to review your app!

Example giveaway
As a little celebration for this feature, I'm giving away 8 copies of my game "Binary Enigma"
binaryenigma.png

Binary Enigma features over a 1000 challenging logic puzzles! Can you solve them all?
All enigmas can be solved by reasoning following these rules:
1. Every tile must contain a 0 or 1
2. Each row/column must have the same number of zeros and ones
3. In a row, no more than two similar numbers next to each other are allowed. In a column, no more than two similar numbers below each other are allowed
4. Each row must be unique, each column must be unique

Download free trial

Now to the giveaway: :excited:
First code for the fastest:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=YC3D6-YR3P7-GQDDD-HR9V9-27C3Z

All other codes will be send via pm

Second code goes to the first one to write any comment here!

For the last six codes, you have to download the free trial version and solve the mentioned enigma!

Third code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 6x6 - 6 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

Fourth code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 6x6 - 13 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

Fith code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 8x8 - 7 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

Sixth code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 8x8 - 12 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

7th code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 8x8 - 15 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

8th code goes to the first person to solve the level INTRO - 10x10 - 22 and post a challenge link and image here in the comments (get both by clicking "Share / Challenge a friend")

Have fun!

dehodev

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Edit: ven07 wants me to give the code to someone else. So the next person to write a comment gets the code!

Last edited:

dehodev

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Send you your code! I'm off for a few hours, so should anyone solve a challenge, you will get your code tomorrow (europe time)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos