Groove music VS Zune

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot (10).jpgScreenshot (11).jpgScreenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).jpgScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (19).jpg

I've shared some screens of my beloved Zune in this thread and made comparison between Zune desktop and Groove music app for Windows 10. Don't know for you guys but I still prefer Zune over Groove app (also over previous Xbox Music app). Zune is just so cleaner and more beautiful, transitions are nice and smooth, artists and album details in now playing mode are simply awesome etc.

I know Zune is final product and Groove still needs to be fixed, but lets face it, it will never be as good as Zune is.
Groove shows not any information's nor details about artists, just an shaky album cover which shakes while zooming. Guess it's a feature.
On the other side, Groove music app for phones has some nicer details in now playing section, at least it shows artist image... but it's not even close to Zune.

Question: People started to talk about returning Zune player to Windows phone since initial release of Xbox Music app and Microsoft knew that. They knew we loved Zune more than XBM app and made a new app for Windows 10 which is supposed to fix everything that was wrong with XBM. Why is Microsoft not listening to us? Why are we (music enthusiasts) not important to Microsoft? Why can't we have a decent music app and don't tell me those two apps were decent? (except Music + videos, it was fairly good app/hub)

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the first things I did when I got my 2in1 was install Zune. I use it to rock out these days. Yeah, Groove is lacking. On WP8.1 & W10M IP I use Audiotica. It's free, fast and has a whole bunch of other goodies.

But, THE BEST music player of all time was MusicMatch Jukebox. I used that for almost 10 years. I even used it to sync my 8X with audio enhancements. I tried and tried and tried to get it to work on my x64 system to no avail. I've been playing with a few different apps & programs, but I miss my MMJ.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhhk, after reading this post I was tempted to install Zune and OMG, what a fantastic piece of software this is. I can't believe MS killed this instead of integrating it into the OS by default. No wok is needed on this at all. Every freakin thing is there in it. Now I know how horrible Xbox music was and Groove is not even 1% close to this. Although it's better than Xbox. Now I don't feel like going back to groove :p

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
One of the first things I did when I got my 2in1 was install Zune. I use it to rock out these days. Yeah, Groove is lacking. On WP8.1 & W10M IP I use Audiotica. It's free, fast and has a whole bunch of other goodies.

But, THE BEST music player of all time was MusicMatch Jukebox. I used that for almost 10 years. I even used it to sync my 8X with audio enhancements. I tried and tried and tried to get it to work on my x64 system to no avail. I've been playing with a few different apps & programs, but I miss my MMJ.

Audiotica is nice app, but I think you should try Zbox, it's inspired with Zune. Totally recommended app.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9ff0d21d-18a2-4e5b-9ea2-14ab1c26c664

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I still using ZUNE! It has features which Groove not!

This!!!

Look another wall of crying text. Use Groove or something else but get over Zune already. It's gone.

It might be easier for some of us to get over Zune if Microsoft provided a way for us grandfathered Zune Pass users to use our 10 song credits. The only way for us to use those credits is through the Zune software.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
. Every freakin thing is there in it.

Seriously, this is what is so ridiculous about the whole mess. Zune had everything, and only needed to be updated but in typical Microsoft "one step forward, two steps back, we don't know how to iterate" fashion they dumped EVERYTHING good about it and have failed to come close to replacing it with something even remotely as good since.

If only people would stop being blind Microsoft fanboys for a few seconds and realize the wheel was already built and working and didn't need to be reinvented over and over again by Microsoft with Xbox Music and now Groove and goodness knows what else in the future. Software "giant" my rear end.....

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Zune = stylish and clean Metro UI
Groove = circles and a hamburger menu

I'm surprised MS hasn't buried that Zune software. It's a constant reminder of when MS had good ideas, well thought out design and a vision.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
why is this still a discussion? zune wins handsdown any day, groove is just xbox music on another name. Microsoft is the best when it comes down to making the best software and abandoning it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but as soon as i saw the screenshots, i download it, god i miss Zune. cleanest things i have ever used.

and the way it wirelessly synced my music to wp7 :cry:

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but as soon as i saw the screenshots, i download it, god i miss Zune. cleanest things i have ever used.

and the way it wirelessly synced my music to wp7 :cry:

Yeah, that wireless music syncing option was the one of the best things Zune had or any other player will ever have (like Groove).

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I always install Zune on any machine I own. It was indeed the most beautifully designed music apps for PC I've ever dealt with. Light years better than the Music app in W8.1 and all-around better than what Groove is now. I assume MS decided that since the Zune brand didn't do well, they needed to get rid of anything that carried its namesake.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Look another wall of crying text. Use Groove or something else but get over Zune already. It's gone.

The point is Groove won't allow you to edit metadata, Zune does. Groove won't allow you to paste your own album art, Zune does and Groove won't allow you to find album information by saying "Not available offline" for 99 out of 100 times you try it but.... you guessed it..... Zune does!!!

So, as you can see Groove completely sucks compared to Zune so, get over it, I don't think so.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
View attachment 110550View attachment 110551View attachment 110552View attachment 110553View attachment 110554View attachment 110555View attachment 110556View attachment 110557View attachment 110559

I've shared some screens of my beloved Zune in this thread and made comparison between Zune desktop and Groove music app for Windows 10. Don't know for you guys but I still prefer Zune over Groove app (also over previous Xbox Music app). Zune is just so cleaner and more beautiful, transitions are nice and smooth, artists and album details in now playing mode are simply awesome etc.

I know Zune is final product and Groove still needs to be fixed, but lets face it, it will never be as good as Zune is.
Groove shows not any information's nor details about artists, just an shaky album cover which shakes while zooming. Guess it's a feature.
On the other side, Groove music app for phones has some nicer details in now playing section, at least it shows artist image... but it's not even close to Zune.

Question: People started to talk about returning Zune player to Windows phone since initial release of Xbox Music app and Microsoft knew that. They knew we loved Zune more than XBM app and made a new app for Windows 10 which is supposed to fix everything that was wrong with XBM. Why is Microsoft not listening to us? Why are we (music enthusiasts) not important to Microsoft? Why can't we have a decent music app and don't tell me those two apps were decent? (except Music + videos, it was fairly good app/hub)
The Zune software had come a long way from version 1 that was nothing more than a skinned version of Windows Media Player.

I remember developing add-ons for the Zune software to customize the look and feel, and a mood-based metadata tag plug-in. What a pity that something so superior could be dropped so completely. It is clear that the follow on products like XBox Music (goofy name) and Groove have virtually nothing in common with Zune. :(

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Upon reading this I immediately downloaded ZBOX but - what a pity! - the last.fm registration seems to be broken most likely because last.fm is relaunching its site. Does someone know if this is permanent or just temporarily???

Lethbridge

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried using Groove but it has only worked once for me. I keep all of my music on my server, and only once was it able to see it and import it. Now it doesn't see it at all anymore.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree Groove sucks. It seems to be extremely buggy on keeping your files in order (seriously, it doesn't rescan your music folder and remove deleted items). Sometimes it doesn't want to recognize OneDrive files that are also synced to your hard drive as "local" files... it shows them as "streaming" files (but they're literally on the HDD!!!). And let's not talk about file matching... where it produces two copies of a song, one shown as a local file and another as a streaming file and both files show up in the same album with the same song title. You can't even sort playlists very easily. You have to manually drag files around. And Groove cannot be used to buy songs... you have to go to another app to purchase a song (and in that other app, you cannot search by artist name, there is literally no way to search by artist name).... -_-

But don't worry. In two years, Microsoft will abandon Groove and buy Nokia Music (or whatever music app du jour) and turn it into the next big thing and eliminate syncing or some other such feature, which will be touted as better!! Sorry, but I like Microsoft but ever since Zune, they can't make a decent stable music app if their life depended on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro