Why is Fresco Logic FL2000 USB 3.0 display adapter not working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I updated to Win10 pro from Win7 pro, and my USB display adapter stopped working. The event error message said that the FL2000 USB 3.0 usb video adapter did not sucessfully migrate. How can this be fixed?

stevenmorris

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi. This may or may not be relevant to you. Today I just purchased the same FG Thin2000 USB3 display adapter for installation on my windows10 laptop. The drivers that came on a CD with the device were no good. After install they stopped win10 from booting and I had to resort to system restore to get my laptop functional again. After a lengthy search on web, I downloaded the what I thought were the latest drivers - version 1.1.302.0. This version of the driver detected the USB devise but I could not get any display output from it. Further searching revealed the latest driver version is 1.1.315.0 and after install my device worked perfectly under win10. I suggest if you have not already done so, you download the same latest driver 1.1.315.0 driver from the support page of the frescologic web page (I tried to embed a web link for you but was prevented - I am a new member)

Filename: FLUSBVGA-1.1.315.0

Good luck.

rlaforge

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes the problem is that I needed the most recent driver FL 2000 USB 3.0 display driver, version 1.1.315.00, but the device came with the earlier driver. You can get it on the Fresno Logic website. One other issue is that it did not work on the first install, and I had to reinstall it using Windows 10 device troubleshooting option to set the device compatibility to install the driver to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. That solved the problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hussain Akbar

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I also installed on Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 10 and the computer failed to reboot. I used the Windows trouble shooter option to rollback the system to an earlier configuration.

Next I removed the driver, downloaded the 1.1.315.00 from the website, installed, rebooted, etc.

Device manager shows the device as working properly. I have a VGA monitor plugged in which is showing the standby light. Windows Display Settings shows that there is no other display that has been detected.

How does one set device compatibility option in Windows 10?

CM2001

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I have installed the Logic FL2000 USB 3.0 display adapter on windows 10 with driver FL2000-2.0.31006.0 but the display keeps disabling going blank . Does any know of a more up to date driver ?

David Malek

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
HP Envy23 Touchsmart Windows 8.1 connected this device to USB3.0 Port.

Second monitor is Full HD LG and on 1920x1080 mode, the screen is completely black. On lower resolutions, it either flickers or flashes constantly.

I am using their latest version BETA v2.0.31006.0 driver. I have tried all the previous drivers as well including the one that came with it on a CD. None of them works. It's an untested crappy product sent to the market prematurely.

golis

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I have two FL2000 connected as 2nd and 3rd monitor like this:
video
and experienced resolution problem with the 3rd one. While the 2nd monitor can be set to 1366x768px, it's not working with the 3rd one. Even I use FL2000-2.0.32505.0.exe (as October 18) it stuck at 1280x960.
Do you have some recommendation to solve my problem? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Potiche

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Hey hey! I don’t know if everyone would be okay to do but honestly this is the only solution I found after testing everything. Simply reset your computer from 0 (or re-install Windows which is somehow the same thing). Then re-install the drivers and it will work perfectly. I tried it! Also don’t forget to save your personal files before doing this procedure!
I hope this could help you even though I know it’s the very last thing to do after you’ve tried everything you could imagine.
(RIP your pc for having to live such a traumatizing moment lol)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon