Why doesn't my Windows open photos on Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my windows photos doesnt open, on windows 10

my windows photos is the default viewer. After downloading windows 10, I now cant open photos. I get a message the 'wait operation has timed out'.

Ali Forghany

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact problems with windows 10, I cant open any photos because it loads a while and then says it has timed out. Unfortunately there are still quite a bit of bugs left to fix including this one. This is why I am second guessing my upgrade to windows 10, I might roll back to windows 8 and wait a while.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
open properties of the photo file, change the default program to the old photos app which actually works with no extra bs and be done with it, or select it in "default apps" in the settings apps if it is available there

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I was searching for answers to this same issue on other sites and nothing helped but then I came here, thanks so much EspHack for your help, I couldnt find old photos app you mentioned but thanks to your information I decided to click Windows Photo Viewer option that I had & it worked :) thank you hun :)

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me too, & all my windows "apps" calendar, photos, maps, mail & even the store didn't work. All other normal software like photoshop etc were working. Then all of a sudden the machine restarted and said it's corrupted and asked to reset the PC. started from square one, now things are fixed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos