Multiple touch screen monitors

ChrisFricke

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have three touch enabled monitors that I've used since Windows 7. With Windows 7 all three touch enabled monitors responded to input independently and life was good. Windows 8 came along and ruined the experience by consolidating all touch input to only the "main" monitor. I can still touch the screen on the surrounding monitors but it registers as a touch on the center monitor... very frustrating. I never got a clear answer from anyone as to whether this was architectural to Windows 8 or a driver issue with my HP L2105tm monitors.

Now we have Windows 10 and it behaves exactly like Windows 8. All touch inputs only register on the center screen. So... my question is: Is anyone out there successfully running more than one touch-enabled monitor with Windows 10 (or Win8)? If so, how (special settings, make/model, etc)?

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw your post and was intrigued by your problem. I've never used/owned a touchscreen monitor such as the ones you've described so please indulge me by answering the following questions:
1) Is your PC running 32 bit or 64bit Windows 10, and when you ran Windows 7, then Windows 8, were those 32 or 64 bit editions?

2) Did you ever load OEM (original equipment manufacturer) drivers for these monitors when you first set them up or did Windows auto-detect them through PnP?

3) Have you ever checked your OEM's website for 32 bit or 64bit drivers for these?

4) Have you ever sent them a support question asking if Windows 8 and 10 are supported or if these monitors were ever tested by them for compatibility?

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
here is the solution that worked for me:

go into your control panel, search for "tablet", then simply click on tablet pc settings, then click setup at the top, and then press enter till the text appears on the touch enable monitor(s) then tap the monitor you want to be touch enabled

ktech2

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Were you able to figure this out? Do you know if there is a touchscreen monitor that is compatible in Windows 10 with a second touchscreen monitor? Or is it just Windows 10 that won't let two touchscreen monitors work independently? I'd really appreciate some help or confirmation of incompatibility!

My main monitor is on the Optiplex 9030 Touchscreen Enabled. I have a secondary S2240T Touch Enabled monitor. All drivers have been updated, USB upstream cable is plugged in, touch on whatever screen is secondary registers on the primary/main monitor. When switching main displays, the problem reverses.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
presumably you have tried my post above ktech2? as that pretty much is the only thing that needs to be set so the system knows which screen(s) are for touch, otherwise you get the secondary touch monitors touches registering on the first!

Frank Shields

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have just tried this a nd it worked. Seems to be until each touch surface is defined, all touch inputs default to the main monitor. Worked seamlessly when assigned tho

Last edited:

dan gorin

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! it's amazing how many ways I searched the internet before finding your post. I mistakenly picked "Tablet mode settings", then read your post more carefully and picked "Tablet PC Settings" and it worked great.

michael paget

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
here is the solution that worked for me:

go into your control panel, search for "tablet", then simply click on tablet pc settings, then click setup at the top, and then press enter till the text appears on the touch enable monitor(s) then tap the monitor you want to be touch enabled

hi. i have a similer problem exept when i click the setup button nothing happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs